Parent topic: See the SDK in action
Before using the Acme Airlines sample application, it requires some setup
The Acme Airlines sample consists of two web projects, acme.sample.webapp
- The first of these applications is a flight-booking application, which allows the booking of flights. These bookings are saved in local storage and not shared with anyone else. This simulates a standard flight-booking experience.
- The second is the transformed, Social Business version of this application. This version uses your IBM Connections login to take advantage of its features through the SDK. When flights are booked, a request for approval is sent to your manager / approver, who can then approve this request through an Embedded Experience included in the application. This embedded experience appears when he/she clicks on the entry in the 'Action Required' homepage Activity stream. When you are viewing the list of flights, people on your contacts list who have booked the same flight are shown next to it. This can help you to make an informed decision on which flight you should book yourself.
1. Book flights on the Flights tab as seen here, and you can view a list of all contacts that have booked each of the flights on offer.
2. The manager or approver of anyone who books a flight will receive connections mail and an action required ActivityStream post.
3. Approve the flight with an Embedded Experience gadget.
There is two ways to do this, you can click on the ActivityStream
Or do it using Connections mail, click on the mail icon in the upper left corner of the homepage and select the mail from the list
And you can approve or deny in the Embedded Experience which opens up.