SCSK sample gadget walkthrough
Learn how to generate a SCSK event that you can see in the activity stream. Then, you can use a sample gadget for the event in the activity stream.
In this scenario, a user can approve a request sent to that user in the activity stream in an embedded experience. To accelerate decision speed of approver, information is collected automatically from external services such as the HR system and the CRM application. The information is displayed in an embedded experience and the user can approve or decline the item. This sample application integrates the Lotus Notes/Domino Workflow application with the IBM Social Business Framework.
The sample gadget is hosted on Lotus Greenhouse.
SCSK sample gadget usage scenario
1. A user signs up to participate in an IBM training module.
2. The user submits an application form in a Notes/Domino workflow application to get approval from a manager.
3. An approval request is sent to the aggregation service through the Notes/Domino workflow application.
4. The manager sees an event requesting approval in the activity stream.
5. When the manager opens an event, the manager sees a workflow application with information from external services.
6. Manager can approve/decline the application form with the embedded experience.
SCSK is a Japanese IT service company that provides value through three businesses, BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), IT Management and System Development.
Adding the SCSK gadget to an activity stream
Use cURL to upload the SCSK gadget to the Lotus Greenhouse activity stream.
About this task
This task shows you how to upload a gadget into an activity stream. The SCSK gadget is a sample gadget that you can use to build your own gadget.
1. Download the cskWF.json JSON file from the attachments to this wiki topic.
2. Authenticate with the Lotus Greenhouse server with form-based authentication and cURL command:
curl -c cookies.txt -d "secure=&j_username=email_address
In this command, email_address is your Lotus Greenhouse email address ID, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and password is your Lotus Greenhouse password.
3. Check the cookies.txt file to make sure three lines from greenhouse.lotus.com are stored. For example:
- Netscape HTTP Cookie File
- This file was generated by libcurl! Edit at your own risk.
greenhouse.lotus.com FALSE / FALSE 0 LtpaToken2 VgxQIplkX8XR...
greenhouse.lotus.com FALSE / FALSE 0 LtpaToken w9sx2rFYg/Ez/lJrU...
greenhouse.lotus.com FALSE / FALSE 0 BIGipServerVulcan_pool 21988...
4. Use this cURL command, to post the data model into the activity stream.
5. Log on to Lotus Greenhouse
to verify your post.