This article details how to create an IBM Collaboration Quickstart for Social Business 3.0 instance.
Navigate to https://www-147.ibm.com/cloud/enterprise/dashboard
At the top of the screen you see, the Messages of the Day
You can click Close.
Enter the user id - such as firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter the password for the account
*note this is your IBM ID.
The Dashboard shows four different tabs:
- Overview - Shows the Quick updates and Notifications for your Systems
- Control panel - Contains all the management for your instances
- Account - Details on your Keys and Profile Details
- Support - Documentation and Links to the Support Forums
Click Control Panel
The Control panel shows:
- Instances - the running software / virtual servers are viewed here
- Images - master copies of your software are under images
- Storage - manage space for your systems
- Service Instances - features which need to be broadly used by your systems.
Click Add Instance
Select Preferred Data Center
- Make sure the data center is closest to you, and your customer
Enter Filter to Find *uick*
Click Filter Icon
Click on 3.0 Image (the table entry)
Enter the Name of Your Instance
- It can be changed in the future
Click Minimize Local Disk
- Speeds up Deployment
No Key Listed? follow the next step on how to create one
Enter a Name in the Popup Window - eg Test
Click Generate a new Key Pair
Click to Download the Key
*** You get to make this key ONE time. You get to download it one time ***
Enter the password for administering the Quickstart
Enter the Password for users
- Sets all the Sample Users to it
Review the Settings
Select I Agree
Click Return to Control Panel
Click on the Instance
You won't get a hostname / IP until the instance is copied in place from the master image.
Once you get the IP/Hostname, the service takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes to provision.
You'll get Connection Refused warning from SSH / Putty until it's ready.
The Quickstart Instance Details are at the Bottom
The Instance controls are at the top.
The IP and Hostname are in the middle of the pane.
Navigate to https://hostname
For more details, it attached.
The supporting documents are provided in different formats: