to a convenient location such as C:\temp
. See http://ibmsbt.openntf.org
for instructions on how to obtain the SDK.
The instructions assume that the URL for the WebSphere
® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console is https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/
and the port for the default host of the server is 10039.
The instructions also assume that you have extracted sbtsdk-1.0.0.xx.zip
to the folder C:\temp
- Go to the Integrated Solutions Console https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/ and logon with a user that has sufficient rights to install applications.
- Go to Applications -> New Application -> New Enterprise Application.
The Preparing for the application installation panel opens.
- Click Browse and select the file C:\temp\sbtsdk\samples\ear\sbt.sample.portlets.ear, then click Next.
- Select Fast Path and click Next.
The Select installation options panel opens.
- No need to make any changes. Click Next.
The Map modules to servers panel opens.
- Select all modules and the server that you want to install them on then click Next.
The summary panel opens.
- Click Finish.
The Installing panel opens and displays the results.
- When installation is complete, click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Create a resource URL:
- Copy the file C:\temp\sbtsdk\conf\sbt.properties to a convenient, permanent location such as C:\sbtsdk\.
- In the Integrated Solutions Console, go to Resources -> URL -> URLs and click New.
The URLs Configuration panel opens.
- In the Name field, type SBT Properties.
- In the JNDI field, type url/SbtProperties.
- In the Specification field, type the location of the sbt.properties file that you copied earlier. For example, file:///C:/sbtsdk/sbt.properties.
- Click OK then click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Start the application:
- Go to Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Select sbt.sample.portlets.ear and click Start.
WebSphere Application Server starts the application.
To verify that the SDK was installed correctly, open a web browser and go to http://localhost:10039/sbt.sample.web/samplesHome.html
. If the The Social Business Toolkit - Samples page opens, the SDK is installed and operating correctly.
Parent topic: Installing the SDK