Ensure that you have Java™ 6 or later installed on your system, and that the environment variable JRE_HOME points to the JRE.
Extract sbtsdk-1.0.0.xx.zip to a convenient location such as C:\temp
. See http://ibmsbt.openntf.org
for instructions on how to obtain the SDK.
The instructions assume that you installed Tomcat in C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30 and that you extracted sbtsdk-1.0.0.xx.zip to the folder C:\temp
. The instructions also assume that your Tomcat is running on port 8080.
- Shut down your Tomcat server.
- Copy C:\temp\sbtsdk\redist\jar\com.ibm.commons.runtime-1.0.0.jar to C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\bin.
- Copy all the .war files in the folder C:\temp\sbtsdk\redist\war\ to C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\webapps.
- Copy C:\temp\sbtsdk\samples\war\sbt.sample.web.war to C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\webapps.
- Copy C:\temp\sbtsdk\config\sbt.properties to C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\conf
- Copy C:\temp\sbtsdk\config\sbt.properties to C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\conf.
Note: This sbt.properties file assumes that the QuickStart image is at https://qs.renovations.com:444. If this is not the case, modify sbt.properties to fit your connections server.
- Create a resource URL in your context.xml file to add the location of sbt.properties.
The Tomcat context.xml
file is in the folder C:\Apache\Tomcat-7.0.30\conf
. Add the following line to the Context
element where url="path/To/Sbt/Properties"
<Resource name="url/ibmsbt-sbtproperties" auth="Container" type="java.net.URL"
factory="com.ibm.commons.runtime.naming.UrlFactory" url="sbt.properties" />
- If you are using the QuickStart Image, update your tomcat-users.xml file with the users from the tomcat-users.xml file that is distributed in the SDK. Extract \sbtsdk\tomcat\apache-tomcat-7.0.30-sbt.zip and copy the users from apache-tomcat-7.0.30\conf\tomcat-users.xml into your own tomcat-users.xml file.
- Configure SSL. For more information, see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html.
- Start your Tomcat server.
To verify that the SDK was installed correctly, open a web browser and go to http://localhost:8080/sbt.sample.web/
. If the The Social Business Toolkit - Samples page opens, the SDK is installed and operating correctly.
Parent topic: Installing the SDK