How to obtain the Social Business Toolkit SDK
- To use the SDK in your applications, download and install the SDK from OpenNTF at http://ibmsbt.openntf.org.
A built version is distributed on OpenNTF at http://ibmsbt.openntf.org
Source code is available at https://github.com/OpenNTF/SocialSDK
Social Business Toolkit SDK installation and configuration
for the installation and configuration steps of Social Business Toolkit SDK.
Tools to aid development
The Social Business Toolkit SDK includes the following tools to help developing social business applications:
- API Explorer
Utility to learn about and experiment with SmartCloud for Social Business API's without writing any code
- SBT Playground
- SBTK Sample Application
Sample Application complete with full source code to see how the toolkit works and get you off to a running start
- SmartCloud for Social Business Developers Community
This community is designed to allow developers to interact and ask questions. This is monitored by SmartCloud development and is frequented by other developers like yourself.
- SmartCloud for Social Business Wiki
Wiki to provided help and support for using and administering SmartCloud for Social Business
Social Business Toolkit API Explorer
The Social Business Toolkit API Explorer offers two API explorer environments to help developers quickly understand and try APIs that are available for building social applications:
- One API Explorer is designed for cloud developers who want to experiment with APIs that are available with IBM SmartCloud for Social Business.
- The other API Explorer is built specifically for on-premise developers who want to try the IBM Connections APIs that are hosted on IBM Greenhouse. Use the API explorers to make API calls, see the response of those calls, and access the documentation for those APIs - all within a single interface.
The goal of the API Explorer is to help developers quickly understand and try APIs that are available in the cloud for building social applications. The API explorer application is hosted on IBM® Greenhouse, but the APIs are wired to the deployed version of SmartCloud for Social Business.
Requirements for using the API Explorer
To use the API Explorer, you must already have a valid account in the SmartCloud for Social Business environment. The credentials that you specify depend on the authentication type that was set up for your account. For basic authentication, use your ID and password. For OAuth 1.0a, use your consumer key and password. For OAuth 2.0, use your client ID and password.
Accessing and using the API Explorer
Do the following steps to use the API Explorer:
- Navigate to the API Explorer application on IBM Greenhouse.
- Click Log in in the top, right corner.
- In the window, select your SmartCloud for Social Business environment and authentication type, and then provide your credentials. Click Log in.
- Use the navigation on the right to locate the API call that you want to try.
- To make an API call using that method, specify values for method parameters, and click Execute API.
- Click the Response tab to see the response of the API call.
- For additional documentation about each API, including parameter details, click the Documentation tab.
The IBM Greenhouse based API Explorer provides quick overview of SmartCloud for Social Business APIs and Sample Code; allows test and try the APIs with no coding. Use the URL: https://greenhouse.lotus.com/llapiexplorer/
to access the IBM Greenhouse based API Explorer.
Documentation, samples, and use cases are available to help developers who want to build social applications and learn about SmartCloud for Social Business APIs. The API reference is located in the Social Business Development wiki, but sometimes you are referred to API documentation in other product wikis, for example, the IBM Connections wiki. Note that you can access the documentation in the API Reference directly from the API Explorers described above.