You can only add a name pronunciation file to a profile if you are the profile owner or an administrator.
To add a name pronunciation file to a profile, complete the following steps:
1. Get the service document for the person's profile. See Retrieving the Profiles service document ic45
2. From the service document, get the URI for the profiles feed which is specified in the href attribute of the collection element and use it to get the profiles feed for the user.
3. In the returned feed, find the value of the href attribute for the link element where the rel attribute has the value "http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/pronunciation" .../>. Alternatively, use the URI specified in the "Request Details" table below.
rel="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/pronunciation" type="audio" />
Note: Be sure to make the audio file available to the application. For example, if you are writing a Java™ application, you might use a method that extends the EntityEnclosingMethod class to reference the file. Or, you might make the file available by adding it to a file system location that is HTTP addressable.
4. Use this link to send a PUT request to add the pronunciation file.
You will need a REST client that supports a binary stream of the media file you are trying to add. Also, there is no ATOM xml payload needed for this operation.
Provide the following items in the HTTP request:
- A "Content-Type" HTTP header indicating the format of the binary audio data in the payload. Use "audio/wav" or "audio/x-wav".
- The binary audio file data in the format indicated by the Content-Type header in the payload of the request.