Retrieving blog postsAdded by IBM | Edited by Paul Bastide on December 21, 2015
To retrieve a post from a blog, use the edit link found in the blog post entry in the blog's weblog Entries feed.
You can use this operation to obtain blog post information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update.
To retrieve a blog post, complete the following steps:
1. Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieving the Blogs service document.
2. In the service document, find the workspace for the blog from which you want to retrieve the post, and then retrieve the web address of the "weblog Entries" collection in that workspace.
3. Send a GET request to the weblog Entries collection.
4. In the returned feed, find the entry and note down the value of the href attribute of its <link rel="edit" type="application/atom+xml" ... >
5. Send a GET request to the web address defined in the href attribute.
||Value of the href attribute of <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the weblog Entries feed or the web address returned in the HTTP location header when the blog post was created.
||The ID of the blog entry.
||handle represents the blog handle of the blog configured to be the home page of the Blogs application. The handle is defined when the home page blog is created by the administrator.
The handle can be the Community Uuid.
||Indicates that the blog post was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header will contain one of the error codes below.