|Use the IBM Connections Cloud™ administration page to define user interface (UI) extensions for your organization. Only users with the administer role can create UI extensions.
- In Connections Cloud, click Administration -> Manage Organization.
- In the left navigation area, click Organization Extensions.
- Click Add Extensions.
- In the form, in the Service field, select the general area in the UI that you want to extend.
- In the Extension Point field, select the specific extension point that you want to modify. For information about supported extension points, see Supported extension points.
- In the Name field, type the string that you want to display on the menu or button. For consistency with other items, start the name with an action verb such as Edit or Send.
- In the Description field, optionally type a general description of the UI extension.
- In the Type field, select Action. Action UI extensions are the only type of extensions that are currently supported in Connections Cloud.
- In the Icon URL field, specify the URL to the image that you want to associate with your UI extension. This image is usually your company logo or brand icon. The image cannot be larger than 16 by 16 pixels.
- In the URL field, type the URL of the web page that you want to link to when users click your menu option or button.
- In the Tool tip field, type the text that you want to display when users hover their cursors over the menu option or button. Tool tips are also known as alternate text and are required for accessibility purposes.
- Select whether to enable your UI extension. If you are simply testing, do not select this option.
- Select whether to open the URL that you specified earlier in a new browser window. If selected, use the New Window Features section to specify any customized options that you want for the new window. If you do not select to open the URL in a new window, the browser will redirect to the new URL in the same window.
- Click Save.
Tip: You can add and manage organization extensions with the Organization Extensions page. For details, see Managing organization extensions in the Dev Guide category of this wiki.
Parent topic: Understanding user interface extensions