Q. Why can't my participants see the roster of participants that are currently in my meeting?
To enable the Participants List functionality for all users, the Host/Moderator can click on the All Participants item in the right panel. Select Manage Rights and turn on the option to enable the Participants List. If the change has been made and new participants join, you will have to apply the rights again.
Q. Why are the Q&A chat rights not passed along to new presenters when the Make Presenter control is used?
This works as designed. The Q&A chat rights by default will stay with whoever has explicitly been given those rights. Passing Presenter control will not pass the Q&A rights as that role is often not related to the presenter.
Q. What are some best practices for Host/Moderators to run successful meetings?
Best practices include:
- In your invitation to the meeting include a link to the applicable System Check tool to allow new participants to your meeting to do an early check to make sure they are enabled to participate in the meeting.-Prepare your Meeting session early. Including publishing any files that may be used, creating any applicable polling questions, and optional adjustments like enabling the Participant List for all attendees.
- Load your opening slide or shared page on the screen.
- For larger meetings, consider assigning another participant to handle the Q&A chat questions for the meeting to free you/the moderator to focus on the presentation.
- If you will be using application sharing and you are using a high resolution for your screen, consider lowering your resolution to improve readability of your screen.
Q. I'm receiving a pop-up blocked message when I join. Will this affect my conference?
When you log-in the Conference Interface will attempt to open in a new window. If your pop-up blocker is enabled you will receive a warning and that the Conference Interface cannot be opened and provided a link to click to force the window open. Once the conference window has been successfully opened the pop-up blocker will no longer interfere.
Q. Is it possible to get a list of attendees?
Yes, a list of attendees is provided in the Conference Summary Report. To have the report sent to you at the conclusion of your conference, do the following:
Q. Are there tips to recover when a Host/Moderator losses their connection to a meeting?
- Login web conference as a Host/Moderator
- Click on the Start icon (first top left) on the toolbar
- Select “Send Email Report” and provide an email address on the Conference Details windows as well as descriptive Titles for the conference in the Memo fields.
Consider the following:
- If the presenter is kicked out of the meeting, then there is a grace period of approximately ten minutes for the presenter to log back into the conference (with the same Conference ID/Moderator PIN).
- During this time when the presenter is not in the conference, the participants will stay connected.
- If the presenter does not log back in within this time constraint, the participants will eventually be logged off as well.
- As a work-around, it is generally considered a good practice to have someone log-in as the moderator and then pass control to the actual presenter. If the presenter drops out of the conference for some reason, the moderator has the ability to regain presenter control of the conference, which would prevent this situation.
Q. What is the maximum number of participants allowed in a Meeting?
The current limit is 999. Several subscription options are available to define how many participants can join your meetings. Factors including Host connection speed, cpu/memory as well as the conference features utilized will effect the performance of larger conferences.