iOS devices have been officially tested and are currently the only CalDAV devices supported for IBM SmartCloud iNotes. Instructions for setting up CalDAV with IBM SmartCLoud iNotes are provided here: https://apps.na.collabserv.com/help/topic/com.ibm.cloud.inotes.doc/t_setting_up_a_caldav_account.html
. Additional devices and other PC-based software CalDAV clients might work but have not been completely tested and are not currently supported.
This wiki is provided to document user experiences with other CalDAV apps/email clients and SmartCloud iNotes. Please add your feedback and your experiences here!
Mobile clients and IBM SmartCloud iNotes
There are a number of third party CalDAV apps in the Android Market, but to date there is no official CalDAV app endorsed or provided by Google.
While IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with any of these apps, the information you need to configure them might be similar to that needed by iOS devices seen here: https://apps.na.collabserv.com/help/topic/com.ibm.cloud.inotes.doc/t_setting_up_a_caldav_account.html
- Android AnDal
Some users have studied various Android CalDAV apps, and determined that the one that works best with SmartCloud iNotes is called "AnDal".
The following AnDal set up information is provided by some users who have set up the Android AnDal calendar to work with SmartCloud iNotes. IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with Android AnDal, but provides this information for your convenience.
Select the Add Account button.
If a popup is displayed that asks you about a security certificate, select OK to proceed with the account setup.
In the Calendars page, select OK.
Wait for the synchronization to finish, and then repeat steps 1 and 2. A new entry is displayed and all associated calendars are displayed under the new calendar entry.
- Open the Andal app. Select the Menu soft button on your Android phone.
- Select Calendars.
- In the Calendars page, select the Menu soft button again to display two virtual buttons above the soft buttons.
- Select the Add Account button to display the CalDAV Account page.
- In the CalDAV Account page, enter the following information:
For more information about AnDal, refer to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hypermatix.andal
Note that there are some observed known functional issues when utilizing the current version of this client with iNotes:
-Client updates with a Repeat exception can cause a duplicate entry to display in the UI.
-One creating a repeat event from the client an additional entry is duplicated for the first event instance.
-Events deleted on the web may not sync correctly to events already established on the client.
-Exception handling for repeat events rejected by the server..
- Other third-party Android apps
Desktop clients and IBM SmartCloud iNotes
The following setup information provides a typical basic configuration for CalDAV on most third-party Android apps. Each CalDAV app has its own setup procedure. IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with Android apps, but provides this information for your convenience.
1. URL: https://usw.mail.na.collabserv.com/calendar/r/dav/users/your SmartCloud iNotes email address used for web login
2. Port: 443
3. SSL: enabled
4. Server: https://usw.mail.na.collabserv.com
5. Entry point: /calendar/r/dav/users/your SmartCloud iNotes email address used for web login
Some users have worked with the Thunderbird Lightning calendar and have provided the following information. IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with Thunderbird Lightning but provides this information for your convenience.
To set up CalDAV for Thunderbird and the Lightning calendar with IBM SmartCloud iNotes, try the following steps:
- Open your Lightning calendar from Thunderbird.
- Right click the navigation bar on the left and Select New Calendar. A window titled Create New Calendar is displayed.
- Select On the Network and click Next to continue.
- Select CalDAV and insert https://usw.mail.na.collabserv.com/calendar/r/dav/calendar/your SmartCloud iNotes email address used for web login/your SmartCloud iNotes calendar ID/ in the Location text box, then click Next. <your SmartCloud iNotes calendar ID> can be replaced with calendar for primary calendar access. To determine the value of <your SmartCloud iNotes calendar ID>, click the triangle icon next to your SmartCloud iNotes calendar and select Create event. In the Create event page, the value of <your SmartCloud iNotes calendar ID> is shown in your web browser address bar as the 32 character string between the characters cid=and the & sign. Specify the port number and SSL=yes.
NOTE: If you are setting up your SmartCloud iNotes calendar for the first time, Thunderbird will prompt you for the following information. Enter your credentials as follows:
User Name: SmartCloud iNotes email address for web login
Password: SmartCloud iNotes password used for web login
5. Type the name of your choice into the Name
text area. Select the respective SmartCloud iNotes email account to be used as the organizer when creating a new event. Click Next
6. Click Finish