Android mobile clients and IBM SmartCloud iNotes
There are a number of third party CalDAV apps in the Android Market, but to date there is no official CalDAV app endorsed or provided by Google.
While IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with any of these apps, the information you need to configure them might be similar to that needed by iOS devices seen here: https://apps.lotuslive.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iNotes.doc/frame.html&lang=en_US
- Android AnDal
Some users have studied various Android CalDAV apps, and determined that the one that works best with SmartCloud iNotes is called "AnDal".
The following AnDal set up information is provided by some users who have set up the Android AnDal calendar to work with SmartCloud iNotes. IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with Android AnDal, but provides this information for your convenience.
Select the Add Account button.
If a popup is displayed that asks you about a security certificate, select OK to proceed with the account setup.
In the Calendars page, select OK.
Wait for the synchronization to finish, and then repeat steps 1 and 2. A new entry is displayed and all associated calendars are displayed under the new calendar entry.
- Open the Andal app. Select the Menu soft button on your Android phone.
- Select Calendars.
- In the Calendars page, select the Menu soft button again to display two virtual buttons above the soft buttons.
- Select the Add Account button to display the CalDAV Account page.
- In the CalDAV Account page, enter the following information:
For more information about AnDal, refer to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hypermatix.andal
Note: There are some observed known functional issues when utilizing the current version of this client with iNotes:
-Client updates with a Repeat exception can cause a duplicate entry to display in the UI.
-One creating a repeat event from the client an additional entry is duplicated for the first event instance.
-Events deleted on the web may not sync correctly to events already established on the client.
-Exception handling for repeat events rejected by the server..
- Other third-party Android apps
The following setup information provides a typical basic configuration for CalDAV on most third-party Android apps. Each CalDAV app has its own setup procedure. IBM does not certify SmartCloud iNotes compatibility with Android apps, but provides this information for your convenience.
1. URL: https://mail-usw.lotuslive.com/calendar/r/dav/users/your SmartCloud iNotes email address used for web login
2. Port: 443
3. SSL: enabled
4. Server: https://mail-usw.lotuslive.com
5. Entry point: /calendar/r/dav/users/your SmartCloud iNotes email address used for web login