In this section of Lesson 1, you will learn about the steps needed to prepare your on-premises environment for a hybrid deployment.
After completing this section, you should be able to:
- View a sample diagram of a hybrid configuration.
- Verify the hardware and software necessary to configure your on-premises environment.
- Complete an on-premises environment worksheet to prepare for configuring your environment.
- Complete First Server Setup by creating a Lotus® Domino® Passthru server in the same certificate hierarchy as the hub and mail servers.
- Create a unique domain name for the Passthru server.
- Provide the new server ID file when prompted for server name.
- Set the network port and host name.
- Disable all unnecessary server tasks.
- Configure the Lotus Domino Administrator client to manage the Passthru server.
- Confirm connectivity to the Passthru server.
- Use the Domino Administrator Client to generate a new OU certifier file.
- Create a Global Domain Document
The exercises in this section are listed below:
Parent topic: Lesson 1: Deploying IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Hybrid Environment
Next topic: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Environment