SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
Problem Report (TPR) sent from a mobile device is submitted to the Traveler server in the SmartCloud Notes
cloud and stored in the <data>\traveler\logs\tprs
directory on the mobile device as with on-premises Traveler. Logging must be enabled on the mobile device and the log must be sent by the end user using the Report Problem
option on the device. Submitted TPR's are named (UserName)_tpr_(Date).zip
. The Date is in GMT and the format is YYYYMMDDHHmmss
- YYYY - 4 digit year (ex: 2010)
- MM - 2 digit month, (ex: 03 for March)
- DD - 2 digit day of month (ex: 26 for the 26th of the month)
- HH - 2 digit hour in a 24 hour clock (ex: 17 for 5PM)
- mm - 2 digit minute
- ss - 2 digit second
For example, JoeSmith_tpr_20100326173533.zss
- 2 digit second ip is a TPR from mobile user JoeSmith that was reported on March 26th, 2010 at 5:35:33 PM GMT.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
Parent topic: Lesson 4: Configuring and administering IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service
Previous topic: Managing devices in IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
Next topic: Exercise: Enabling application passwords in IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
- Set up logging on your mobile device
- Send a Traveler Problem Report (TPR) from your device
The following information is for Android devices, however the configuration for Windows
™ Mobile and Apple devices differs only slightly. To submit a Traveler problem report (TPR) to your system administrator from an Android device, perform the following procedure:
- When you encounter a problem, enable logging by clicking the Lotus® Traveler icon and selecting Menu -> Settings.
- Click Logging.
- Click Enable Logging.
- You should try to reproduce the problem. This should populate the log with information relevant to the issue.
- Submit a TPR by clicking the Lotus Notes Traveler icon and selecting Menu -> Tools Device Menu option 'Tools'
- Click Report Problem.
The device collects the logs and sends them to the SmartCloud Traveler server. Logs are stored in the traveler/logs/tprs folder on the Traveler server.
- If the problem is connectivity related, the log files may not be sent to the server. In this case return to the Report Problem screen by selecting Menu -> Tools -> Report Problem and select Export. The TPR is placed on your SD card. Notify your company administrator of the problem and make the data available. Be sure to include as much detail as possible and the steps to reproduce the problem.
- IBM Support will be able to verify that you are running a client that matches the supported level for IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes. The version number is in the first line of the log.html file in the TPR submitted from your mobile device. It should match the version and build number in <data>/traveler/cfg/client/VersionInfo.txt. If it does not match, you will be asked to upgrade to the latest client and see if the problem can be reproduced.