End-User Provisioning for IBM SmartCloud Traveler for NotesAdded by IBM on August 30, 2012 | Version 1
A company administrator must first enable IBM
® SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
® access for each Traveler user; IBM
SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
is a separately purchased service, per seat. For hybrid users, if the user is currently using on-premises Lotus
® Traveler, the on-premises administrator must take the following steps before the end user provisions their mobile device for SmartCloud Notes
- Restrict user access to the on-premises Traveler server
- Remove the account from the on-premises Traveler server
- Remove any existing Traveler client software from the mobile device
- Make sure that the user's mobile device meets the security requirements for the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service
Mobile device provisioning is similar to the on-premises Lotus
Traveler offering from an end user perspective.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
Parent topic: Lesson 4: Configuring and administering IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service
Previous topic: Preparing/Enabling IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes for a user
Next topic: Managing devices in IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
- As an end user, provision a mobile device for IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
- Use your mobile device internet browser to connect directly to the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service URL: https://traveler.notes.lotuslive.com/servlet/traveler. You will need to click Sign in:
- Your administrator will have added an IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes subscription to your SmartCloud Notes account. On login, you should see a confirmation of this. If you did not receive this confirmation, check with your company administrator. Here is an example:
- If the end-user uses the internet browser (on the mobile device) at this point and logs-in, he/she will see a current status. In this case no device has been synchronized for the user. Do this on your mobile device, and click the option Select an IBM Lotus Mobile Installer
- On your mobile device, select the installer that matches your device. For the remainder of this exercise the 'Android' option will be demonstrated, however the other device options differ little from this.
- The installer package will download to your mobile device.
- You will find the installer package in the downloads folder on your device. Click on the package to run the installer.
- Click Install to install the application.
- Once installed, Open the application.
- The installation continues. Click Next.
- Click Agree to accept the licence agreement.
- Enter the Traveler server address, and the user id and password, and click Next
- Your mobile device will connect to the specified IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes server and configure your device
- You will be asked to accept security on your device. Click Activate
- After activating security, the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes server will perform an initial synchronization. Click Finish to complete this.
- The initial synchronization is complete. Click OK.
- You should find an application icon for IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes on your device. Access this.
- You will be asked to update your device password. This is a security requirement of the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes server. Click Update Password
- IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes is now fully configured and up-to-date.
- You should see a welcome message from the IBM SmartCloud™ Team in your Inbox.
- If you use your mobile device browser or standard browser at this point and log in to https://traveler.notes.lotuslive.com using a browser. You will see your current status as per the below graphic. In this case, just wait until the initial synchronization completes. , you will see your current status. The sdk here denotes the android emulator used for this exercise. Your device will be listed differently.
- Sometimes, the initial synchronization may take a while to complete. You will see this error message on your device
- Log in to https://traveler.notes.lotuslive.com using a browser. You will see your current status as per the below graphic. In this case, just wait until the initial synchronization completes.