After you receive the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business Team confirming your IBM SmartCloud Notes
) purchase, you must activate your company's SmartCloud Notes
account. Account activation is performed on the IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business Registration page at the URL listed in the e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team. Account activation is a task you perform only once. Activating your company's account sets the following information:
- The password for the first company administrator account
- The country, language and time zone settings for your company
Once set, the country setting cannot be changed except by contacting your IBM
® Customer Service Representative.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Set a password for your first SmartCloud Notes company administrator account
- Set your company's country, language and time zone settings
- Log on to the service as the first company administrator
Parent topic: Lesson 1: Deploying IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Service-only environment
Next topic: Exercise 1.2: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes service-only environment for your company
|First company administrator ||The first company administrator receives the purchase confirmation e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud Team and activates the company account. |
|IBM SmartCloud for Social Business registration page||The company administrator performs the one-time account activation procedure on the IBM SmartCloud registration page. The URL for this page is unique to your company and is listed in the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud Team.|
- Open the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Team that was sent to the company administrator confirming your company's IBM SmartCloud for Social Business purchase.
- Click the link in the e-mail, or copy the URL to a web browser, to open the SmartCloud for Social Business registration page. This URL is unique to your company and is used for registration purposes only.
- Make note of the e-mail address shown on the SmartCloud for Social Business registration page. It is the logon name for the company administrator account.
- Create and confirm a logon password for the company administrator account.
- Select a country, language, and time zone.
The country and language values cannot be changed without calling your IBM
Customer Service Representative. However, both the language settings for individual users and the time zone values may be changed at any time.
- Select the company country from the Country or region pull down menu.
- Select the company language from the Language pull down menu.
- Select the company time zone from the Time zone pull down menu.
- Click Submit.
- Enter the company administrator e-mail address and password, and click Log In.
You are now logged on to the company administrator SmartCloud for Social Business dashboard. In the future, go to https://www.ibmcloud.com/social
to log on.
|I copied the URL from the e-mail I received from the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Team. When I try to load the registration page, I see, Invalid registration URL:|
|Possible cause: The URL is invalid.|
Solution: The URL may wrap across lines. Be sure you copied the entire URL from the e-mail.
Alternatively, click the URL directly in the email to launch the page in your browser. If the problem persists, contact Support.
|When I try to log on, I see the error message:|
|Possible cause: You have navigated to the URL listed in the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Team, but you have already completed the account activation process. |
Solution: Once account activation is complete, go to https://www.ibmcloud.com/social to log on.
|Where can you find the URL for the SmartCloud for Social Business Registration page?||It is listed in the e-mail you received from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team confirming your company's purchase.|
|What piece of information cannot be changed after the account activation process is complete?||Your company's country.|
When you are ready, gather the required data and perform the account settings configuration in your SmartCloud for Social Business environment.
Before you begin:
- Choose a secure password for your company administrator account
- The e-mail you received from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team confirming your company's purchase
- Your company's country, language and time zone
- You must complete the account activation procedure covered in this activity before you can use SmartCloud Notes.
- Account activation is performed only once.
- Once the account activation is complete, the company country cannot be changed.
Next, you will continue to Exercise 1.2: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes service-only environment for your company
, where you will learn how to configure your company's account settings. Continue to work through these exercises in order.