Exercise 1.1: Logging on to SmartCloud for Social Business as the first organization administratorAdded by IBM on March 5, 2012 | Version 1
|This exercise will walk you through the steps to activate your account and create the first organization administrator.
This exercise will walk you through the steps to activate your account and create the first organization administrator.
Attention: This page is being updated in the next few days to reflect the rename of IBM® LotusLive™ to IBM SmartCloud™ for Social Business. During this update phase, however, the information will still be relevant.
After purchasing SmartCloud for Social Business, you will receive an e-mail from SmartCloud for Social Business Team with a link that you can use to activate your account. As part of the activation process, you will also create an administrator for your organization.
You will be able to add additional users with administrator rights later.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Activate your SmartCloud for Social Business account.
- Log in to SmartCloud for Social Business.
Parent topic: Lesson 1: Logging in as the first organization administrator
Next topic: Exercise 1.2: Changing your account information
|First organization administrator ||The first organization administrator receives the purchase confirmation e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team and activates the organization SmartCloud for Social Business account. |
|Registration page||The company administrator performs the one-time account activation procedure on the Registration page. The URL for this page is unique to your organization and is listed in the e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team.|
- Click the link to activate your account that is in your e-mail confirming your purchase of SmartCloud for Social Business. You will be taken to the Registration page.
- Set and confirm the password for your organization's administrator. Then select your country, language, and time zone.
If you want more information about a particular field, click the
button next to the field. A pop-up box will appear with more information on the requirements for that field.
- You will be taken to the login page. Log in using the credentials that you just configured.
- In the future, log in by accessing the main SmartCloud for Social Business page: https://www.lotuslive.com and clicking the Log In link.
|When I click the link to activate my account, I receive an error message: Invalid Registration URL.|
|This error will occur if you click the activation link after you have already completed the registration of your account. After you activate your account, log in to your account by accessing the main SmartCloud for Social Business page: https://www.lotuslive.com and clicking the Log In link.|
|Where can you find the URL to activate your account?||It is listed in the e-mail you received from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team confirming your organization's purchase.|