Exercise 1.4: Configuring Mail file templatesAdded by IBM on September 26, 2013 | Version 1
|In this exercise, you will configure a mail template for your company in IBM SmartCloud® Notes®.
IBM SmartCloud Notes
) provides a mail file template catalog from which to choose templates to apply to user mail files. You can choose from a list of standard templates or design a custom template to add to the catalog. Mail file templates are applied to user mail files during SmartCloud Notes
user provisioning. The mail file template can also be changed after provisioning.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Discover what mail file templates may be applied to user mail files.
- Configure default mail file template.
Parent topic: Lesson 1: Deploying IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Service-only environment
Previous topic: Exercise 1.3: Verifying ownership of your domain
Next topic: Exercise 1.5: Configuring instant messaging in IBM SmartCloud Notes
|Mail Template||A mail template is the design only of the mail database. In other words, it contains all of the features and functionality of the mail file application without any of the data.|
|Provision||To ADD or REGISTER a new user on to the system.|
- Log in to SmartCloud for Social Business and navigate to the IBM SmartCloud Notes Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document Accessing the IBM SmartCloud Notes Administration panel.
- Click Mail Templates.
- To select a mail template to apply to new user accounts by default click Standard Mail Templates, then select a template, and click Set as default.
Although not required, you also have the option to download a template to make design changes to it. Refer to the Important notes at the top of this exercise for information on customizing templates.
- Click Confirm Set New Default to apply the change.
- To verify that the new default mail template has been applied, click Default Mail Template and note the new template name.
|How can I view the Mail template currently assigned to a user?||Click the user's name in the SmartCloud Notes Administration Panel, Users' window. Look in the Mail Template field. |
|You have developed a new template in house but cannot see any option in to upload this template for use.||This would be considered a custom template. You must contact IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Support and request an ISSC engagement. ISSC will need to sign-off on the template (approve your design).|
|You have previously engaged ISSC and a new custom template was made available for IBM SmartCloud for Social Business. You have accidentally deleted this custom template from the system. What should you do?||You must contact IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Support and request an ISSC engagement to upload the custom template again. ISSC will need to sign-off again on the template.|
For more information, refer to these resources: