IBM SmartCloud Notes
) users can chat with each other through instant messaging embedded in the SmartCloud Notes
web and in the IBM
sidebar. This capability is enabled by default in SmartCloud Notes
web; however, the IBM Notes
client must be installed with the "Sametime
® (integrated)" option selected. Before users can chat, you (company administrator) must enable the instant messaging community for your company. In SmartCloud Notes
, you have the option to use the default messaging community, or an on-premises IBM Sametime
messaging community managed by your company.
Use the procedure below to enable or disable instant messaging for your company and choose the Sametime
community to use.
This exercise explains a task performed by the company administrator. For details about end user setup for instant messaging in IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business, see Advanced Topics - Instant Messaging
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Enable the instant messaging community for use in the SmartCloud Notes web OR the IBM Notes sidebar
Parent topic: Lesson 1: Deploying IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Service-only environment
Previous topic: Exercise 1.4: Configuring Mail file templates
Next topic: Exercise 1.6: Setting up an additional Internet domain
|Instant Messaging||Instant messaging is a form of real-time direct text-based communication between two or more people using computers or other devices, along with shared software clients. The user's text is conveyed over a network, such as the Internet.|
- Log in to SmartCloud for Social Business (SmartCloud for Social Business) and navigate to the IBM SmartCloud Notes Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document Accessing the IBM SmartCloud Notes Administration panel.
- Click Account Settings and then click Instant Messaging.
- Select Enable the service instant messaging community for IBM Notes and SmartCloud Notes web users. Click Save.
You cannot enable both messaging communities for your company. To learn more about instant messaging integration choices, see the Admin Help topic, Configuring Instant messaging
Access your SmartCloud for Social Business environment and enable instant messaging in SmartCloud for Social Business.
- An administrator account login for SmartCloud for Social Business.