Steps to log onto the IBM SmartCloud
® (SmartCloud Notes
) Hybrid service as the first company administrator.
After you receive the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business (SmartCloud for Social Business) Team confirming your SmartCloud Notes
purchase, you must activate your company's SmartCloud Notes
account. Account activation is performed on the registration page at the URL listed in the e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team.
Account activation is a task you perform only once. Activating your company's SmartCloud for Social Business account sets the following information:
- the password for the first company administrator account.
- the country, language and time zone settings for your company.
Once set, the country setting cannot be changed except by contacting your IBM
® Customer Service Representative.
In this exercise, you will:
- Set a password for your first SmartCloud Notes company administrator account.
- Set your company's country, language and time zone settings.
- Log onto SmartCloud Notes as the first company administrator.
Parent topic: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Environment
Next topic: Exercise 1.7: Selecting a Hybrid Account Setup
First company administrator
The first company administrator receives the purchase confirmation e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team and activates the company SmartCloud Notes account.
The company administrator performs the one-time account activation procedure on the registration page. The URL for this page is unique to your company and is listed in the e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team.
- Open the e-mail from the IBM SmartCloud Team that was sent to the company administrator confirming your company's SmartCloud Notes purchase.
- Click the link in the e-mail, or copy the URL to a web browser, to open the registration page.
- Make note of the e-mail address shown on the registration page. It is the login name for the company administrator account.
- Create and confirm a login password for the company administrator account.
- Select a country, language, and time zone.
- Click Submit.
- Enter the company administrator e-mail address and password and click Log In.
- RESULT: You are now logged on as the company administrator. In the future, go to https://mail.na.collabserv.com to log on.
I copied the URL from the e-mail I received from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team. When I try to load the registration page, I get an error:
The URL is invalid.
The URL may wrap across lines. Be sure you copied the entire URL from the e-mail.
Alternatively, click the URL directly in the email to launch the page in your browser. If the problem persists, contact customer support.
When I try to login, I see the message:
You have navigated to the URL listed in the e-mail from the SmartCloud for Social Business Team, but you have already completed the account activation process.
Once account activation is complete, go to https://mail.na.collabserv.com
to log on.
What piece of information cannot be changed after the account activation process is complete?
Your company's country.
Refer to the SmartCloud Notes
documentation for more information: