Prior to running the Domain Configuration Tool, you can run the Pre-Configuration Test Tool to determine if the servers in your on-premises environment are setup correctly. The option to run this tool from the Account Settings menu is available only before
choosing to enable your Hybrid account. Once you have enabled your account, Pre-Configuration Test Tool will not
be on the menu (but you may still perform a suite of tests that verify your on-premises configuration with the Configuration Tool application, which may optionally be run from the Account Setup menu at any time after running the Domain Configuration Tool).
The Pre-Configuration tool will run a series of tests and provide a report that identifies any issues that might prevent communication between your on-premises environment and IBM SmartCloud
® (SmartCloud Notes
). To run the tool, you must have Administrator and Full Remote Console access to the servers being tested. The information needed for the tool to run will not be preconfigured, you must manually enter the information. The tool will run with blank fields but the outcome is dependant on the information you provide. The Pre-Configuration Test tool performs firewall tests, therefore you must run it inside your organization's firewall and not using a virtual private network (VPN).
The tool does not make any changes to the configuration and can be run many times as needed after resolving any issues identified.
After you are satisfied that your environment is prepared correctly and without major configuration errors, you can then complete the Hybrid Account Settings which will configure your Hybrid environment. Refer to Exercise 1.9: Setting Up an IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Account
In this exercise, you will:
- Download and run the Pre-Configuration Test tool to identify any errors in the setup of your on-premises environment.
- View logs to verify the Pre-Configuration Test Tool Output
Pre-Configuration Test Tool
The Pre-Configuration test tool evaluates your on-premises environment to determine if the Domino servers are configured correctly to connect to your hosted SmartCloud Notes servers. The information you provide is the data that is used to run the tool.
IBM® Notes Client
An integrated desktop client that can be used to send and receive Internet mail, schedule appointments, browse the Web, contribute to Internet newsgroups, and take advantage of the Home Page for tracking all your important daily information.
Parent topic: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Environment
Previous topic: Exercise 1.7: Selecting a Hybrid Account Setup
Next topic: Exercise 1.9: Setting Up an IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Account
1. Log on to https://www.ibmcloud.com/social
using the e-mail address and password of a user with the Administrator role.
2. If your account also has the User role, click Administration
-> Manage Organization
at the top of the dashboard.
3. Click Lotus Notes
in the left navigator, and under Account Settings
, click Pre-Configuration Test Tool
4. Click Download
5. Follow the on-screen instructions that the tool displays. On the "SmartCloud Notes
Hybrid Pre-Configuration Test" screen, enter information for your on-premises environment in the blank fields. Fields can remain blank.
- Click the Add Directories button, then the Browse button to select the Domino directory to synchronize. Select if the directory will be used for provisioning from the dropdown box. Repeat for multiple directories.
- Once you have verified the information entered is correct, click the Run Test button.
6. Review the resulting detailed on-screen report and address any on-premises issues reported by the tool. The output will be organized in sections and provide links to documents, databases and wiki articles. You can also print the results for future reference. If there are errors, make any necessary changes to your on-premises environment and rerun the Pre-Configuration Test Tool again.
Here is a partial example of what the file can contain: