As the company administrator, you can set a size limit on incoming mail messages. Incoming messages that exceed the size limit are rejected. You can have messages deleted that have been in mail files longer than a specified number of days. You can exclude certain users from having their mail deleted.
Each IBM SmartCloud
) user is provided a 25GB mail account. As an administrator, you can help users stay within their quota by managing the size of a mail account.
- Set a maximum message size
- Set automatic deletion of old mail
By adding them to the Exclude List, you can exempt specific users' mail accounts from the automatic deletion of old e-mail.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Add users to the Exclude List
Parent topic: Lesson 2: Administering IBM SmartCloud Notes
Previous topic: Exercise 2.10: Enabling email deletion to limit size of mail files and improve email usability
Next topic: Exercise 2.12: Removing users from the Exclude List
|Exclude List||The user exclude list lets you specify users whose mail files are not to have anything auto-deleted from them by the e-mail management function. This option may be appropriate for some in your company such as executives, those whose mail file is in legal discovery, IT staff, or others whose mail files should not be subject to the limit.|
Add users to the Exclude List.
- Log into the service using the e-mail address and password of a SmartCloud Notes user with the Administrator role.
- Access the IBM SmartCloud Notes administration panel as a user assigned both an administrator and a user role.
- Click Lotus Notes in the left navigation pane.
- Click Account Settings on the SmartCloud Notes Administration panel.
- From the left navigation pane, click Email Management.
- Locate the Exclude List at the bottom of the Delete Older Email section of the page. Click Add.
- An address picker window will appear. In the Select From box, select the user(s) that you want added to the Exclude list and click Add.
- Once all the users to be excluded have been added to the Selected Names column, click OK.
- Confirm the user name(s) were added to the field. Click Save.
- Result: The names are saved but the display does not change. You remain in edit mode on the Email management page.