As the company administrator for IBM SmartCloud
® (SmartCloud Notes
), you can set a size limit on incoming mail messages. Incoming messages that exceed the size limit are rejected. You can have messages deleted that have been in mail files longer than a specified number of days. You can exclude certain users from having their mail deleted.
Each SmartCloud Notes
user is provided a 25GB mail account. As an administrator, you can help users stay within their quota by managing the size of a mail account. You can:
- Set a maximum message size.
- Set automatic deletion of old mail.
By adding them to the Exclude List, you can exempt specific users' mail accounts from the automatic deletion of old email.
In this exercise, you will add a user to the Exclude List.
In this exercise, you will:
- Add a user to the Exclude List.
Parent topic: Messaging configuration options in IBM SmartCloud Notes
Previous topic: Exercise 2.15: Enabling email deletion to limit size of mail files and improve email usability
Next topic: Exercise 2.17: Removing users from the Exclude List
|Exclude List||The user exclude list lets you specify users whose mail files are not to have anything auto-deleted from them by the e-mail management function. This option may be appropriate for some in your company such as executives, those whose mail file is in legal discovery, IT staff, or others whose mail files should not be subject to the limit.|
- Log on to the service using the e-mail address and password of a SmartCloud Notes user with the Administrator role.
- If your SmartCloud account also has the User role, click Administration -> Manage Organization at the top of the dashboard.
- Click Lotus Notes.
- Click Account Settings.
- From the left navigation pane, click Email Management.
- Locate the Exclude List at the bottom of the page. Click Add.
button shown below will only be available if the Enable e-mail deletion
feature is selected. If this button is greyed out, then enable the e-mail deletion feature before continuing.
- An address picker window will appear. In the Select From box, select the user(s) that you want added to the Exclude list and click Add.
- Once all the users to be excluded have been added to the Selected Names column, click OK.
- Confirm the user name(s) were added to the field. Click Save.
- Result: The names are saved but the display does not change. You remain in edit mode on the Email management page.