Exercise 2.1: Verifying your iNotes domainAdded by IBM on May 31, 2012 | Version 1
|In this exercise, you will learn how to verify your iNotes® domain.
In this exercise, you will learn how to verify your iNotes
If your company has purchased SmartCloud iNotes
subscriptions, you must verify your iNotes
domain before you can add iNotes
users to your organization.
If your company has not purchased SmartCloud iNotes
subscriptions, you can skip this exercise.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
Parent topic: Lesson 2: Configuring the organization account
Next topic: Exercise 2.2: Viewing or changing your organization settings
- Verify the domain for your iNotes users.
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- From the navigation pane, click iNotes.
- You will be prompted to verify the ownership of the domain that you will be using for your iNotes users. Enter the domain, and click Next.
- Confirm that the domain that you entered is correct. Follow the steps on the page to create a new A-record for your iNotes domain in your domain hosting service.
This step takes place outside of SmartCloud iNotes
using the administration tool for your domain hosting service.
- After you have allowed time for the DNS changes to propagate across the domain hosting service provider, click Verify domain.
- If the domain verification is not successful, confirm that the settings you entered are correct, and that you created an A-record with your SmartCloud iNotes domain with your domain hosting service. If all settings are correct, the DNS changes may not have propagated across the domain hosting services providers. Wait for these changes to propagate, and then click Verify domain.
If domain verification continues to fail, contact your domain hosting service to confirm that the A-record was created successfully and has propagated across the domain.
- After the domain is successfully verified, you will be taken to the Define service name page.
Click the Edit
link to make changes to the prefix for the server URLs used for IMAP, POP, SMTP, and LDAP access to your SmartCloud iNotes
After those changes are complete, or if you do not want to make any changes to the prefixes, click Done
The prefixes for the server URLs cannot be changed after you complete the verification of your iNotes