In this exercise, you will learn how to suspend a user's account. When an account is suspended, it still exists, but is not active. You may want to suspend a user's account if they are on an extended absence from the company. When you suspend a user account, delegates of the suspended user's mail file continue to have access to the mail file.
In this exercise, you will:
Parent topic: Managing IBM SmartCloud Notes user accounts
- Suspend and unsuspend a SmartCloud Notes® user's account.
Previous topic: Exercise 2.6: Changing user names
Next topic: Exercise 2.8: Editing a user's account
1. Log on to the service ( https://www.ibmcloud.com/social
) using the e-mail address and password of a SmartCloud Notes
user with the Administrator role.
2. If your account also has the User role, click Administration
-> Manage Organization
at the top of the dashboard.
3. From the navigator on the left click User Accounts
4. Click the arrow next to the name of the user whose account you would like to suspend. The user's account must be active. You cannot suspend an account that is still in a "Pending" state.
5. Select Suspend Account
6. You will be prompted with a confirmation window. If you are sure that you want to suspend the user, click Suspend
7. Confirm that the user's status now shows as "Suspended" on the User Accounts tab. Log out of the IBM SmartCloud
® for Social Business Administration panel.
8. If a user whose account has been suspended attempts to log on to the service through a Web browser, the user will receive a message indicating that the account is suspended.
9. If you later decide to undo the suspension, log on to the service using the e-mail address and password of a SmartCloud Notes
user with the Administrator role. Navigate to User Accounts
, and then click on the arrow next to the user's name.
10. Select Unsuspend Account
11. You will be prompted with a confirmation window. Click Unsuspend
to complete the operation.
12. Verify that the user's status has changed to "Active".
13. The user will now be able to log in with the same login and password that was used prior to the suspension of the account.