In this exercise you will learn how to configure an e-mail tagline.
One way to promote your corporate identity is with an e-mail tagline that is consistent for all users of your company.
As an administrator, you can add a standard tagline to outgoing e-mail from all users in your company. Users cannot prevent the tagline from being included in the e-mails they send.
You must upload both an HTML version and a plain text version of your tagline. Graphic support is limited to including an external link in your HTML tagline.
In this exercise, you will:
Parent topic: Lesson 3: Configuring SmartCloud iNotes for your organization
Previous topic: Exercise 3.2: Adding domains to a whitelist
Next topic: Exercise 3.4: Sending an announcement e-mail to all users in your organization
- Configure a corporate e-mail signature (tagline) for all SmartCloud iNotes® users
this change will affect all users in your company -- test from a trial account
-- otherwise you will be adding a tagline for Power
® Renovations to all of your users' accounts.
- Download the two tagline files to a temporary location on your hard drive: text_tagline.txt and html_tagline.html.
(right-click on each link and choose "Save Link As..." )
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- Click iNotes -> Tagline Manager.
- Browse to the .txt file that you downloaded in step 1 (text_tagline.txt) and add it to the field "Upload tagline in plain text:"
- Browse to the .html file that you downloaded in step1 (html_tagline.html) and add it to the field "Upload tagline in .html:"
- Select the appropriate language.
- Click Publish.
the tagline profile will be saved and you will see it at the bottom of the page. In the example below, the screenshot shows multiple profiles for different languages.
- In SmartCloud iNotes, test the functionality by pasting the following text into a message, sending it to yourself, opening it, and viewing the tagline. You can put "Test" in the Subject field.
I have the information you requested. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Dan Mishkey, Sales Rep - Power Renovations
Your message should have the tagline appended to the bottom of the message, looking similar to this:
|What is the difference between a tagline that is configured in the SmartCloud iNotes Administration panel and a signature that a SmartCloud iNotes user configures in the client in Preferences?||The tagline that the administrator configures will appear at the bottom of all users' e-mail messages. The information included in an end user's signature is unique to messages sent by that user.|