With IBM SmartCloud
), users in your company can access their SmartCloud Notes
mail using the Lotus Notes
Client, SmartCloud Notes
web an IMAP client, and mobile devices. It is possible for users in your company who have the full IBM SmartCloud Notes
subscription to access SmartCloud Notes
with one or all ways.
Users who have the SmartCloud Notes Entry subscription
may access their mail using only SmartCloud Notes
web clients. To learn about using the SmartCloud Notes
service with a mobile device or an IMAP client see the following resources:
In this exercise you will focus on installing and setting up the Lotus Notes
Client. If the Lotus Notes
client is not already installed, it must be installed and set up on the user's computer. After the Notes
Client is setup, it must still be configured to work with SmartCloud Notes
. In this exercise, you will also observe the installation and set up of the Lotus Notes
client. In the next exercise, you will run the Lotus Notes
client configuration tool to complete the configuration of your Notes
Refer to IBM SmartCloud Notes client requirements
for the most up-to-date information.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Install the Lotus Notes Client onto a user's computer
- Set up the Lotus Notes client after installing it to a user's computer
Parent topic: Lesson 3: Supporting End Users
Previous topic: Exercise 3.2: Making the Notes Client install kit available to users
Next topic: Exercise 3.4: Configuring IBM SmartCloud Notes for use with a IBM Notes client and IBM SmartCloud Notes web - new IBM SmartCloud Notes user
|Subscription||A primary or additional paid offering that is part of your IBM SmartCloud for Social Business (SmartCloud for Social Business) service.|
|Lotus Connections||IBM Lotus Connections software is social software for business. It gives you fast access to everyone in your network - your colleagues, customers and partners. Features like communities, blogs and activities can be set up for internal use. IBM SmartCloud Connections is a feature of the IBM SmartCloud Engage subscription. |
|Fix Pack||Abbreviated, FP. A Fix Pack contains high impact fixes to known issues in the software. Fix Packs are released periodically between maintenance release of a Notes/Domino product. For example, Notes/Domino 8.5.1 is a maintenance release. First 8.5.1 FP1 was released, then 8.5.1 FP2 and so on. The most current Fix Pack released for Notes/Domino 8.5.1 is FP5. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. A Fix Pack is language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino.|
Procedure A. Install the Notes Client on a computer
- Shut down all applications.
- Obtain the Lotus Notes install kit.
- Save the Lotus Notes install kit to a local folder. For example, C:\Install
- Navigate to the folder in which you saved the install kit.
- Locate and run the installation executable. For example, on a Microsoft™ Windows™ operating system, click lotus_notes852_win_en.exe.
- The Open-File Security Warning will launch. Click Run.
- The Lotus Notes InstallShield Wizard launches. Leave the default option for removing the installation files and click Next
- Wait while the InstallShield Wizard extracts files.
- Read the Welcome information, and then click Next
- Read and accept the license agreement terms, and then click Next.
- Leave the default install directory or specify a different installation directory, and then click Next
- Select the Notes client features and subfeatures to install, and then click Next.
Select whether you want to make Notes your default e-mail, calendar or contacts program, and then click Install
- If you are installing Lotus Notes 8.5.2.x or 8.5.3.x, the IBM SmartCloud Sametime® community can be added to the Lotus Notes sidebar. To enable this feature, select the Sametime (integrated) option.
- If you are installing Lotus Notes 8.5.2.x or 8.5.3.x, and you have an IBM SmartCloud Engage subscription, IBM SmartCloud Activities can be added to the Lotus Notes sidebar. To enable this feature, select the Lotus Connections option
Note: Composite Application Editor is not needed for SmartCloud Notes, but is available for someone who would use the Lotus Notes Client to access servers not managed by IBM. IBM Lotus Symphony® and Feed Reader are optional.
When the Install Wizard is completed, click Finish
The Lotus Notes Client is now installed on the user's computer. Complete Procedure B to set up the Lotus Notes Client after installing it to a user's computer
Procedure B. Set up the Lotus Notes Client after installing on a user's computer
- Open the Lotus Notes client by clicking the desktop icon (or if in Microsoft Windows, from the Start menu).
- Read the Welcome information, and then click Next
- This step is not meant to configure the Notes client to connect to a SmartCloud Notes mail server yet. What you enter into the Your name field is not significant and does not have to be a login name. You should not enter anything into the Domino® server field.
Enter a name and uncheck the box, "I want to connect to a Domino
Do not provide a Domino
server name. Click Next
- Leave all the Additional services unchecked. Click Finish
- Result: The Lotus Notes Client launches and displays the Getting Started tab. The Lotus Notes Client is now installed and set up on the user's computer.
Even though Lotus Notes
is now installed and setup on the user's computer, it is not ready to be used with SmartCloud Notes
yet. In order to use the Lotus Notes
Client with SmartCloud Notes
, you must configure SmartCloud Notes
for use with a Notes
client, as outlined in these exercises:
The Lotus Notes
Client launches and displays the Getting Started tab.
- Click File -> Exit to close Lotus Notes.
|What happens if I need to start the Lotus Notes client install over?||If you need to exit and restart the install, make sure to perform a clean install. For more information about doing this, see How to Perform a clean reinstall of a Notes client.|