Exercise 3.4: Sending an announcement e-mail to all users in your organizationAdded by IBM on March 5, 2012 | Version 1
|In this exercise, you will use announcements to notify your users of important information for your organization.
In this exercise, you will use announcements to notify your users of important information for your organization.
Attention: This page is being updated in the next few days to reflect the rename of IBM® LotusLive™ to IBM SmartCloud™ for Social Business. During this update phase, however, the information will still be relevant.
Announcements are e-mails sent by SmartCloud iNotes
® administrators to all SmartCloud iNotes
users in their organization.
In this exercise, you will:
Parent topic: Lesson 3: Configuring SmartCloud iNotes for your organization
Previous topic: Exercise 3.3: Configuring a corporate e-mail tagline for all SmartCloud iNotes users
Next topic: Exercise 3.5: Viewing account information
- Send an announcement e-mail to all users in your organization from the SmartCloud iNotes Administration panel
- Check the status of an announcement e-mail in the SmartCloud iNotes Administration panel
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- Click iNotes.
- Click Announcements in the Mail section.
- Create a test message that looks like the message in the image below:
- Click Send.
- Check the status of the announcement by clicking on the announcement and viewing the announcement State. After the announcements are sent, they are listed as Completed in the iNotes -> Announcements panel.
The initial state is "being processed."
- Click Back to Announcements.
- Note that the announcement status is now Completed.