In this exercise you will learn how to reset a user's password.
Attention: This page is being updated in the next few days to reflect the rename of IBM® LotusLive™ to IBM SmartCloud™ for Social Business. During this update phase, however, the information will still be relevant.
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business users whose accounts are created using an external e-mail address, like users subscribed to a collaboration service, or those users who have an alternate external e-mail address specified in their account, can click Forgot Password?
on the log in page to have their password reset.
® users whose accounts were created with a password option must have their passwords reset by an administrator or administrator assistant.
Administrators and administrator assistants can reset any login password at any time.
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
Parent topic: Lesson 6: Managing users
Previous topic: Exercise 6.1 Resending the invitation e-mail
Next topic: Exercise 6.3 Changing user subscriptions
- Reset a password for a user.
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- From the navigation pane, click User Accounts.
- Click the arrow next to the appropriate active user account and select Reset Password.
- Enter the password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields and click OK.
- Important: The user is not automatically notified that the password has been reset. You must send the user the temporary password you just created.
The next time the user logs in, they must use the temporary password. They will then be prompted to change their password.
|The user attempts to reset his password from the login screen but never receives an e-mail containing additional details to reset the password||
- Verify that the e-mail address entered in User Accounts > Account Identity is correct.
- Verify the e-mail is not in the user's Junk Mail folder.
- Verify that the confirmation e-mail is not in the SPAM filter of your e-mail client. In most cases adding email@example.com to your contacts list prevents erroneous SPAM filtering.
- Resend the invite. Invites will expire if not acted on within 28 days and must be resent.
|I am logged in as an Administrator. On the User Accounts page, when I right-click the user name I don't see the option to reset a password. ||If the user is not subscribed to the iNotes service, you will not be able to reset the password. You must log in as a User Account Assistants to reset passwords of users with only Collaboration subscriptions.|