Exercise 7.2: Changing an IBM SmartCloud for Social Business user's Account Identity e-mail
addressAdded by IBM on May 31, 2012 | Version 1
|In this exercise, you will provision an Engage user with a Mail subscription and update the user's Account Identity e-mail to the new Mail (iNotes®) e-mail address.
In this exercise, you will provision an Engage user with a Mail subscription and update the user's Account Identity e-mail to the new Mail (iNotes
®) e-mail address.
If a user has a SmartCloud Engage or SmartCloud Connections subscription first and is later provisioned with a SmartCloud iNotes
subscription, the user's login ID will still be the original e-mail address with which the account was created. This is the e-mail address that was used to notify the user of the service to which they have been subscribed.
To update the e-mail address with the iNotes
address for users provisioned with the SmartCloud iNotes
subscription, edit the settings in the User Account for that user.
In this exercise, you will:
Parent topic: Part A: Managing SmartCloud iNotes user accounts
Previous topic: Exercise 7.1: Searching for an IBM SmartCloud iNotes user account using Mail Account Manager
Next topic: Exercise 7.3: Creating and deleting an alias for an account
- Change the e-mail address used for login for a SmartCloud Engage or SmartCloud Connections user
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- Click User Accounts and create a test user with credentials similar to the user that will be used for example in this exercise (Kelly Hardart).
User: Kelly Hardart
Collaboration Subscription: Engage
Mail Subscription: None
- Log out of the service.
- Log in to the test user's Account Identity e-mail (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and click the 'get started' link:
- Log in with the test user's login credentials.
- Log out as the test user.
- As an Administrator, log in and navigate to the Administration panel.
- Add the Mail subscription to the test user's account. At the same time, change the original login e-mail address to the new iNotes e-mail address by clicking the change button next to the e-mail field in the Account Identity section and entering the user's SmartCloud iNotes e-mail address.
email address: email@example.com
Account Identity email: firstname.lastname@example.org (changed from original of email@example.com)
- Click Save Changes.
- Log out as the administrator.
- Log in as the test user with the original login email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When the test user logs in, she may first be prompted with a message stating that a SmartCloud iNotes subscription has been added to her account. Accept the terms and click Submit.
- The test user is then notified that her e-mail address has changed. Leave the "For now, continue.." button selected and click Continue.
- As the test user, log out of the service.
- Log in to the test user's original e-mail account (in this example, email@example.com). You should see a message stating that your e-mail address used as your login ID has changed.
At this point, the test user must log in to the service, and check their Inbox.
- At this point, log in to the service as the test user with the original login ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), and check the SmartCloud iNotes inbox for the notification message. The "Notification of SmartCloud iNotes e-mail change" message should be in the iNotes inbox.
Important: If the "Notification of SmartCloud iNotes e-mail change" message is not in the test user's SmartCloud iNotes inbox, go back into the original email account (email@example.com) and click the 'resend' link. It should then appear in the SmartCloud iNotes inbox.
- Open the "Notification of SmartCloud iNotes e-mail change" message and click the Click here to confirm or deny this e-mail address link.
- Select the Change the e-mail address... button and click Continue.
- Click Continue to SmartCloud for Social Business.
- Login as the test user with the NEW address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|I don't see the "Notification of SmartCloud iNotes e-mail change" message in my SmartCloud iNotes inbox.||Go back into your original email account and click the 'resend' link. Then check your SmartCloud iNotes inbox again.|