In this exercise you will learn how to create and delete an alias for a SmartCloud iNotes
Attention: This page is being updated in the next few days to reflect the rename of IBM® LotusLive™ to IBM SmartCloud™ for Social Business. During this update phase, however, the information will still be relevant.
Administrators can create aliases for user accounts to help users manage the e-mail they receive.
E-mail aliases are useful for several purposes. Users can employ aliases to receive e-mail anonymously, manage e-mail for different projects, or virtually change their addresses.
Aliases cannot be used when logging in to IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business. The user must use the SmartCloud for Social Business account identity e-mail.
In this exercise, you will:
Parent topic: Part A: Managing SmartCloud iNotes user accounts
Previous topic: Exercise 7.2: Changing an IBM SmartCloud for Social Business user's Account Identity e-mail address
Next topic: Exercise 7.4: Emptying a user's trash
- Create an alias for a user account
- Delete an alias for a user account
- Log in and navigate to the Administration panel. For detailed steps, see the procedure document: Accessing the Administration Panel.
- Click iNotes -> Mail Account Manager.
- Choose a user from the list. You can also search for a specific user.
- Click the Add alias account icon for the selected user name.
- Enter the name for the alias account and click Add to include in the list of aliases for the user.
- This will bring you to the Manage alias accounts page where you will see the alias you just created along with any other aliases for this account.
- You can delete the alias you created in step 5 by clicking the delete action button.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.