|In addition to your default meeting link, you can provide a direct URL link to the page used for joining as a guest.
As a meeting host, how can you make it simpler for meeting participants to join your meeting as a guest? Guests can join from the default page, however, some users find it difficult to identify the "Join as a Guest" option on the default join page.
Screen capture of default Join a Meeting page:
In addition to your default meeting link, you can provide a direct URL link to the page used for joining as a guest. The format is as follows:
This link sends the participants directly to the Join as a Guest page, with your Meeting ID entered in the Meeting ID field.
- You can join a meeting from any data center. For consistency, however, you might want to use the host name for your specific data center in the meeting link. Here are some example host name values for data centers to use in the link:
- North America data center: apps.na.collabserv.com
- Asia Pacific data center: apps.ap.collabserv.com
- European data center: apps.ce.collabserv.com
- If your organization requires that you set a password for meetings you host, be sure to include the meeting password along with the meeting link in the information that you provide to the participants.
- If meeting participants include those with IBM Connections Cloud membership as well as guests, you could include both link formats in your meeting invitation. For example, you could include text such as the following in your meeting invitation to provide the two links, where nnnn-nnnn is your Meeting ID and password is your password:
- If participants are already logged in to Connections Cloud as a member, then either meeting link - to the default Join page or to the Guest page - launches your meeting room. Members do not have to log in again or fill in the guest dialog.