In an IBM SmartCloud Notes
) service-only (also called hosted) environment, IBM
® sets up and maintains your IBM Lotus
® mail servers for you on an external site that it manages. In a SmartCloud Notes
service-only environment there is no integration between your SmartCloud Notes
service-only environment and any other mail service. This course complements the IBM SmartCloud Notes documentation
The course focuses on the fundamentals needed to:
- Deploy SmartCloud Notes in a service-only environment
- Administer SmartCloud Notes in a service-only environment
- Support end users in a SmartCloud Notes service-only environment
- Administer and manage Traveler for SmartCloud Notes
- Configure and administer IBM SmartCloud Notes for Hosted BlackBerry® Services
This course is intended for SmartCloud Notes
company administrators who are responsible for administering SmartCloud Notes
in a service-only environment, and have little to no prior administrative experience with Lotus Notes
. At least one person at a company is designated as a company administrator, responsible for user administration tasks such as adding and deleting SmartCloud Notes
user accounts and resetting passwords on Lotus Notes
IDs when users forget them.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
As a starting point, read Using this Course linked below, as it provides details including requirements and how to use the course.