Lesson 4: Configuring and administering IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes serviceAdded by IBM on September 26, 2013 | Version 1
|In this lesson you will learn both how to configure a mobile device to connect to IBM® SmartCloud Traveler for Notes®, and how to manage end user devices on the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service.
The lesson focuses on the fundamentals needed to:
- Activate a user subscription to allow a mobile device to connect to IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes.
- Configure a mobile device to connect to IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes.
- Manage devices for end users on the IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes service
There are no prerequisites for this course.
After taking this course you should be able to:
- Enable IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes access (company administrator) for a user
- Remove any on-premises Lotus Notes Traveler configuration for the user
- As an end user, provision a mobile device for IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes
- Manage (as a company administrator) IBM SmartCloud Traveler for Notes accounts to wipe a device, cancel a wipe or reactivate a device
- Set up logging on your mobile device
- Send a Traveler Problem Report (TPR) from your device
- Enable application passwords for IBM SmartCloud™ for Traveler applications on a mobile device.
- Define an approved range of IP addresses to allow users to log in only from an approved network connection.
- Configure your mobile device to access IBM SmartCloud using the password authenticator.
Each of the exercises in this lesson are listed below:
Parent topic: IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Service-only environment