The Recommendations widget suggests content that might interest you. The widget displays a list of content recently added or updated. Recommendations are based on your relationship with content, and an icon next to each recommended item identifies the application with the content is associated.
The Recommendations widget appears in the following locations:
- Communities (displays recommended Communities only)
- Home page (displays recommended Activities, Blogs, Bookmarks, Communities, Files, Forums, and Wikis)
Note: The icon shown here represents just one file type. The icon next to a recommended file from the Files application changes depending on the type of file.
The Recommendations widget also provides information about the ways in which you are connected to the content listed, through your associations with people and content.
The Recommendations widget only recommends content, it does not recommend people.
You can view related tags or related people to find out what you have in common with the recommended content. Use the Recommendations widget in the following ways.
- If an item interests you, click the title to open the item and take a closer look.
- Click the links under the items listed to find out more about how you are connected to that item.
- Use the Previous and Next links to page through the recommendations and display more options.
- To remove an item from the list of recommendations, click the icon next to the item.