When using Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express on Microsoft Windows NT or 2000 to connect to SmartCloud iNotes via IMAP / SMTP / POP3 a SSL security certificate warning may be displayed "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified".
SmartCloud iNotes is using a SSL CA Root certificate from GeoTrust, the older Windows OS's may not have the certificate for this provider. To install the correct GeoTrust certifier for this scenario please perform the following:
In order to let outlook express to trust the root CA certificated issued from GeoTrust, follow the procedure below:
1. Download the certificate from GeoTrust from a web browser at: http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root-certificates/
• Choose “Root 2 – GeoTrust Global CA” and download certificate file in the DER encoded format.
• Right click the link and click “Save Target As...”.
• Save the file as “GeoTrust_Global_CA_DER” with .cer extension.
2. Open the Windows Control panel.
3. Select “Internet Options”
4. Select “Content” tab and click on the “Certificates...” button
5. Select the “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities” tab and click the “Import...” button
6. Click Next on the Import Wizard
7. Browse for the certificate file downloaded from GeoTrust website, choose “X.509 Certificate” as file type, then choose downloaded certificate file “GeoTrust_Global_CA_DER”. Then click Next to continue.
8. Click next to continue
9. Click “Finish” button to complete the import
10. Click Yes to confirm the root store.