Q. How do I schedule a Meeting conference with Microsoft Outlook?
A. SmartCloud Meetings & Microsoft® Outlook Integration allows a Host to schedule web conferences using Microsoft Outlook. Adding web conferencing to an Outlook meeting is as simple as clicking the SAMETIME UNYTE MEETING button in a Microsoft Outlook Calendar Appointment or Meeting Request.
To schedule a conference using Outlook:
1. Install the Outlook Add-On by downloading and installing the Unyte Meeting Options Kit and selecting the "Outlook Add-On" option during installation. *Note: You must temporarily close Outlook while installing this feature.
2. Access the scheduling feature of Outlook. From the calendar feature in Microsoft Outlook, open a calendar appointment or Meeting Request. You may do so by selecting the FILE menu, next select NEW, and then APPOINTMENT or MEETING REQUEST. You may also create a new appointment by double clicking on a specific date and time on your calendar. An Outlook Appointment or Meeting Request dialog window will open.
3. Click the INVITE ATTENDEES button on the toolbar. Insert e-mail addresses and meeting details just as you would through the Meeting feature of Outlook.
4. Set a Reminder for your web conference so you will be able to log-in before the conference is scheduled to begin.
5. Click the SAMETIME UNYTE MEETING button at the upper left corner of the Outlook appointment window. This will open a Web Conference Details window, A dialog window will open with a tab for web and audio conference details.
6. Ensure that your Web conference account information is correct in the fields provided. You may also assign one or two memos if you require them for post conference reporting, and audio bridge dial in information if needed.
7. Click the OK button, which will insert the meeting link and dial-in information into the body of your meeting request. Note: Participants invited through Outlook do not require an access code as they are invited to the conference individually.
8. At meeting time, the Host then clicks the embedded link, which opens the log in page for the conference. To log-in, the Host inserts his or her credentials. Note: In order to allow participants to join, the Host must log-in before the meeting is scheduled to begin.