When provisioning new SmartCloud Notes users in a hybrid environment, the provisioning appears to have been successful, however when a user logs in to SmartCloud Notes for the first time, the following error displays: 1003: You are not authorized to access that resource. This occurs when directory synchronization cannot occur.
To determine the cause of this error, check your Account Settings for your Directory Server and perform any changes needed using these steps.
1. Log on to https://www.ibmcloud.com/social using the email address and password of a SmartCloud Notes user with the Administrator role.
2. If your account also has the User role, click Settings
at the top of the dashboard. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
3. Click Lotus Notes
from the left navigation pane, and then click Account Settings
4. From the left navigation pane, click Directory Sync Server
to view the information about each directory server that has a directory that you use for provisioning.
5. If the Sync Status for the server is Unable to connect
it means that SmartCloud Notes cannot connect to your directory server. This error could occur because your server is down or the configuration is not correct. Click the directory in the list to see the details about that directory. Check to see if the server name and file path listed under "Directory Server" is correctly specified with no errors. Correct any errors you find.
6. If the Sync Status is Bad ACL
check to make sure that the server group LLNServers
has at least Editor
access, and that the directory server name is listed in the ACL as Manager
7. Click the server link to view additional information about the server. Make sure the field Do not use this directory for user provisioning
is not selected.
8. If you made any changes to the server name or file path, or if you added a directory, download and run the Domain Configuration tool again.
9. After you have resolved the issue and see an OK
as the Sync Status, you can provision users.
Any current users that were provisioned when there were Sync Status issues, and whose accounts are in the 1003 state must be restarted by an IBM Customer Service Representative. See the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Technical Support page
for more information.