ShowTable of Contents
This information is now integrated with and maintained in the product documentation. The information in this article is not maintained. For the latest information, see the topic Preparing to replicate an Extended Directory Catalog
An Extended Directory Catalog (EDC) is now supported for read-only use in a SmartCloud Notes hybrid environment. The EDC enables your SmartCloud Notes users to use one directory to look up names of users registered in multiple domains, including domains with no SmartCloud Notes users.
You must still create a replica of each individual, secondary Domino Directory that will have SmartCloud Notes users on the directory synchronization servers in the directory synchronization and mail routing domain. This step is required for SmartCloud Notes user provisioning.
Using multiple EDCs is supported. However, directory management best practice is to use only one.
Preparing your environment
When you perform the step Preparing your environment for a hybrid deployment
, as described in the SmartCloud Notes administrator documentation, perform the following additional steps to prepare to use an EDC.
1) Create replicas of the EDC in the directory synchronization and mail routing domain.
To use an EDC that is already set up in your environment, create replicas of it on each directory synchronization and mail routing server.
To set up a new EDC, create the EDC on a directory synchronization server. For information on creating an EDC, see the topic Setting up an Extended Directory Catalog in the Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 Information Center. After you create the EDC, replicate it to the other directory synchronization server as well as to the mail routing servers in the domain.
2) Perform the following steps to configure the mail routing servers in the directory synchronization and mail routing domain to use directory assistance (DA) to find the EDC. These steps enable the mail routing servers to use the EDC to perform free time lookups. DA is not required on the directory synchronization servers.
Creating and replicating a directory assistance database in the Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 Information Center.
b. Create a directory assistance document in that database that points to at least one replica of the EDC in the directory synchronization and mail routing domain. Configure the document to point to additional EDC replicas to provide failover (recommended). For more information, see the topic Creating a Directory Assistance document for a Domino Directory or Extended Directory Catalog in the Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 Information Center.
c. Replicate the directory assistance database to the other mail routing server in the directory synchronization and mail routing domain.
3) Perform the following steps to support mail routing to users in the EDC:
a. Open the EDC and expand Configuration - Directory - Extended Directory Catalog.
b. Open the Extended Directory Catalog configuration document.
c. If specific fields are listed in the "Additional fields to include" field, add the following two fields to the list:
d. Save the document.
Note: If the "Additional fields to include" field is blank , all directory fields are currently aggregated in the EDC and no further action is necessary.
e. Run the Dircat task to rebuild the EDC.
4) Perform the following steps to define a domain in the Directory Profile of the EDC. This step enables LotusLive Notes to eliminate duplicate names that occur across individual Domino Directories and the EDC.
a. From the Domino Administrator, in the server pane on the left, select a server with a replica of the EDC.
b. Click the Files tab.
c. Select the EDC, and then double-click.
d. Choose Actions - Edit Directory Profile.
e. In the "Domain defined by this Domino Directory" field, provide a domain name for the EDC.
Note: Do not use a domain name of a Domino Directory that is synchronized with SmartCloud Notes.
f. Click Save & Close.
Configuring use of the EDC
When you configure which Domino directories to use with SmartCloud Notes in preparation to run the Domain Configuration tool, specify the EDC file name as one of the directories to use. To do, so, perform the following steps.
https://www.lotuslive.com using the email address and password of a LotusLive Notes user with the Administrator role.
2. If your LotusLive™ account also has the User role, click Settings -> Company Account at the top of the dashboard. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
3. Click Lotus Notes from the left navigation pane, and then click Account Settings.
4. From the left navigation pane, click Directory Sync Server.
5. Click Add Domino Directory.
6. In the field Domino Directory server name, specify the name of a directory synchronization server such as Directory1/Renovations.
7. In the field Domino Directory file name, specify the file name of the EDC, such as edc.nsf.
8. In the field Domino domain name, specify the domain name you assigned to the EDC in the Directory Profile in Step 3e above, such as LLNEDC.
9. Click Save.
10. If you use more than one directory synchronization server, repeat Steps 5 - 9 to specify the EDC on that server too.
If you ran the Domain Configuration tool previously, you must now download and run it again.