Types of content
This IBM SmartCloud Notes
) course is self-paced. You may proceed through the course in any order. However, some exercises require completion of a prior or subsequent exercise. Each exercise in this course will contain some or all of the following types of content:
|Type of Content
||How to use it
||Description of what the learner will do during the exercise or should be able to do after completing the exercise
||Reference of terms used within the exercise
||High level description of a task
||Written steps for completing a particular task. Includes images.
||Common problems associated with a task and their resolution
||Read and Reference
||Questions and answers about the task or Scenarios and answers about the task
||Links to external information relevant to the task
Terms listed in the glossary of each exercise are also aggregated in the Course Glossary
In order to take this course, you will need:
- A connection to the internet
- A supported Web browser such as:
- Microsoft™ Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP2 +), 7.0 and 8.0 on Microsoft Windows™ XP
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and 8.0 on Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 on Microsoft Windows 7
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Apple Safari 3.2 on Macintosh OS X 10.5
- JVM versions: Sun 1.5, Sun 1.6, or IBM® 1.5
- Cookies and Scripting enabled in the browser
- IBM Notes client release 8.5.1 Fix Pack 5, 8.5.2.x or 8.5.3.x*, 9.0 Social Edition.
Note: For the most up to date requirements refer to the IBM SmartCloud Notes client requirements.
* The IBM Notes client is needed for some of the End User Support exercises, if you want the option to access SmartCloud Notes mail account using the IBM Notes client, in addition to accessing it using SmartCloud Notes web.
* A mobile device is needed for some of the End User Traveler exercises, if you want the option to access a SmartCloud Notes mail account that is enabled with a Traveler for SmartCloud Notes subscription.
The following assumptions apply to this course:
- The fictional users who are registered in this course will use the IBM Notes Client and/or a browser to access their SmartCloud Notes mail.
- The fictional users will not be configured for IBM Connections Compliance for Mail. IBM Connections Compliance for Mail or Compliance for Mail Entry is purchased as an optional subscription. IBM Connections Compliance for Mail and IBM Connections Compliance for Mail Entry are not covered in this course.
- The fictional users will not be configured for Integrated Apps. Integrated Apps is purchased as an optional subscription for SmartCloud Notes and is not covered in this course.
Parent topic: IBM SmartCloud Notes in a Service-only environment