|A valuable benefit of IBM Connections Cloud is that paid subscribers can invite their external contacts into the service for free as a way to accomplish extranet collaboration. Here is a list of what a "Guest User" can and cannot do in the service (capabilities and limitations).
A valuable benefit of IBM Connections Cloud is that paid subscribers can invite their external contacts into the service for free as a way to accomplish extranet collaboration. As review, there are three types of users:
1. Trial user
2. Paid Subscriber user
3. Guest user
Here is a list of what a "Guest User" can and cannot do (capabilities and limitations):
Guest users can....
- Join and participate in Web Meetings (including Audio & Video if enabled by the host).
- Access to download, recommend, comment, and online viewing for Files that have been shared with them.
- Upload Files, but only 25 MB of personal storage (files they upload to a Community uses the Community quota, not personal storage quota).
- Upload new versions of Files, owned by other users, to which they have been given "Editor" rights.
- Create and participate in Activities, and create Activity Templates.
- Participate in "Restricted" Communities ("Public" & "Moderated" Communities are internal to a subscribed user's organization).
- As a member of a Community, can create Files, Bookmarks, Blogs, Forums, Ideation Blogs, Surveys, Events, & Media Gallery content.
@mention other members of communities where the guest is a member or owner. (functionality has been removed)
- Be part of the Network, search and be found by others using Advanced Search.
- Add, share, and sync Contacts.
- Control Notification Preferences of their own
- Invite guests of their own. (Only via the personal profile menu on the right hand top of the menu bar: 'Account Settings > Invite Guest')
- Delete his own guest account. (Where a paying subscriber cannot delete his own account, only his organization administrator can remove accounts but not Guest accounts)
Guest users cannot....
- Host their own Web Meetings (they can present or have remote control if the host passes control to them)
- Use the Connections Chat Cloud Instant Messaging (IM) service.
- @mention other members of communities where the guest is a member or owner.
- See the Following Actions menu item (to be able to follow a community, activity, wiki, etc); to learn of updates, Guest must set their Notification Preferences to receive email notifications or manually check the Recent Updates page.External and Guest users are only eligible for a subset of notifications that is responses to their content and directed notifications (notifications addressed to them). So should only get email if they created content and someone comments or replies.)
- Edit documents online using IBM Docs (IBM Docs is an add-on. It is included as part of IBM Connections Cloud S1).
- Upload new versions of files being edited by IBM Docs (IBM Docs is an add-on. It is included as part of IBM Connections Cloud S1).
- Create Forms.
- Start a Community (but can be an owner if someone who created a community gives the guest user "owner" privileges).
- Post Status Update (except in Communities with the right privileges set).
- Have a company identity (i.e. a corporate directory to see all organizational users).
- Invite others (or guests) to a community if not an Owner of that community.
- Delete other accounts or content that does not belong to the guest itself.
- IBM Guest House accounts are not supported on the Desktop Plugin.