How to link to Join as a Guest page for meetingsAdded by Jeanmarie White on March 19, 2014 | Version 1
|In addition to your default meeting link, you can provide a direct URL link to the page used for joining as a guest.
As a meeting host, how can you make it simpler for meeting participants to join your meeting as a guest? Some users find it difficult to identify the "Join as a guest" option on the default join page.
In addition to your default meeting link, you can provide a direct URL link to the page used for joining as a guest. The format is as follows:
is your unique Meeting ID
and the link uses the host name for your data center:
- North America data center: apps.na.collabserv.com
- Asia Pacific data center: apps.ap.collabserv.com
- European data center: apps.ce.collabserv.com
This link sends the participants directly to the Join as a Guest page, with your Meeting ID entered in the Meeting ID field.
- If your organization requires that you set a password for meetings you host, be sure to include the meeting password along with the meeting link in the information that you provide to the participants.
- If meeting participants include those with SmartCloud membership as well as guests, you could include both link formats in your meeting invitation. For example, you could include text such as the following in your meeting invitation to provide the two links, where nnnn-nnnnis your Meeting ID and passwordis your password:
- If participants are already logged in to SmartCloud as a member, then either meeting link - to the default Join page or to the Guest page - launches your meeting room. Members do not have to log in again or fill in the guest dialog.