Q. I tried publishing my presentation but it failed. What caused this to happen?
Below are some possible causes for this problem:
- The document upload may not have completed due a to a network glitch. Verify the network connection and attempt to re-publish the document.
- An error was encountered during the document conversion which may have been due to unsupported features such as password protection or embedded objects. The document can be modified to allow it to be published or it can simply be shared using Application Sharing.
- Verify that the file is a supported file type i.e. Microsoft® Word, Excel or Powerpoint in Office 2007 format or earlier.
Q. I am attempting to publish a document and the screen has not changed for many minutes.
Check the network connection speed and the file size. If the connection is slow or the file is very large it may take several minutes for the document to be uploaded to the service.
Q. What document types are supported for Publishing?
The supported document types include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel in Office 2007 format or earlier.
Q. How do I publish multiple documents?
Multiple documents can be published into your account but they must be uploaded and converted one-at-a-time. One document can be displayed at a given time.
Q. Will embedded animations, audio, and video work after my PowerPoint presentation is published?
No, the conversion process will turn your PowerPoint slides into JPG images which do not contain animation or embedded audio or video.
Q. Is my presentation secure? Can other people see my presentation?
Yes, your presentation is secure. To view your presentation, it is necessary for participants to join your live web conference. A 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is used for all communications, ensuring that everything transmitted to users is encrypted and secure. You can delete your published documents at any time
Q. How many published files can be saved for reuse within my Unyte Meeting?
Up to ten published files can be stored for your potential reuse in future meetings.
Q. Is there a size limit to published files?
A. The Publishing feature does not impose a file size or slide count limitation. The system limitation is based on conversion time which is limited to 5 minutes. We have tested files up to 10 MB and 100 slides or pages which are known to convert within this time period. Note that larger presentations larger may publish properly if the conversion process is completed within the 5 minute conversion window.
Q. 5014 error when publishing Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) file to Sametime Unyte Meeting. What are some of the common issues that should be checked that have caused this error during the Sametime Unyte publishing process?
Check the following:
- Potential corrupted PowerPoint file. Verify that the PPT file is not corrupt and can be opened within PowerPoint.Password protected file. Verify no password protection is enabled on the PPT file. Open the file in PowerPoint to verify no ID requirements are displayed. If password protection is on, it must be removed before it can be published in Sametime Unyte.
- Page ordering. Verify that the page ordering of the presentation begins with page 1 in PowerPpoint (as opposed to starting at page 2 etc). If not, save a Copy of the file with a page number that begins with 1.