10.2.1 Manual transition of on-premises IBM Domino user account(s) into SmartCloud Notes without data transferAdded by Pallavi Singh on June 16, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|The section describes how to migrate the on-premise IBM Domino user accounts to SmartCloud Notes without data transfer. This sections will show the administrators how to migrate the user accounts using the administration UI of the Smart Cloud for Social Business.
This section describes how to transition on-premise user
accounts from Domino into SmartCloud Notes using the IBM
Smart Cloud for Social Business administration console (AdminUI)
. The major steps of the transition
- Step A: Identification of On-premise user to be migrated to SmartCloud for Social Business
- Step B: User transition process
- Step C: Completion of the transition process
- Step D: Verify transition
Step A : Identification of On-premise user to be migrated to SmartCloud for Social Business.
Follow the below steps for identification of user:
- Open the Domino Administrator.
- Click the People & Groups tab.
- Click People in the left pane.
- Identify the user.
In this case, the user is "Pallavi Singh2".
Note : The mail file of the user points to "Mail01/RBK" which is the On-Premise Mail server.
Step B : User transition process
To start the transition process, follow these steps:
- Open the AdminUI as an admin user.
- Go to Manage Organization.
- The Administration page opens up.
- Under "System Settings", click IBM SmartCloud Notes.
- The "IBM SmartCloud Notes Administration" page opens up. Click User Provisioning.
- The "User Provisioning" page opens up. Because the user targeted for transition is "Pallavi Singh2, in the search box, enter "singh2" as the search string.
- The search results show the user "Pallavi Singh2". Check the checkbox to the left of the user. Click Provision Selected to start the provisioning process.
- The "Provisioning Options" page comes up. This page lists all the available subscriptions. In this case, the subscription under "Mail" is selected as the user needs a mail-only subscription. Select the applicable subscriptions for the user, as required. Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Now, the Mail template page comes up. In this case, the user needs "Mail9" template. Click the Select link next to the template name option to select the template.
Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- The initial password for the user needs to be given. This password will be used by the user to log onto the SmartCloud portal for the first time.
Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- The confirmation page comes up. This provides a summary of provisioning options selected in the previous steps.
If any changes are required, click Back to traverse to the previous pages. If no changes required, click Confirm.
- The "User Provisioning Requests" dialog comes up. The user is listed. Click Request Provisioning to start the provisioning process.
- The "User Provisioning" completes successfully.
Step C : Completion of the transition process
- Go to the "User Accounts" page. Search for the user who migrated. The status appears as "Pending".
- The user receives an email with instructions to log in to the SmartCloud portal to get activated.
- The user logs into the portal using the initial password given.
- The screen pops up to change the password. Click Continue.
- The Account information comes up. Review and click Submit.
Step D : Verify transition
- As an administrator, go to Domino Administrator.
- Under "People & Groups" tab, go to People in the left pane.
- Check the user.
- Ensure that the mail file has changed to the cloud Mailserver. In this case, the user's mail file has changed to CloudMailServer17/Cloud/RBK, which is the Cloud MailServer.