How do I create an account manually?Added by IBM on May 21, 2015 | Version 1 (Original)
|You must create an account on your Apple device for mail, calendars, and contacts before you can connect to the service. This topic describes how to create the account manually.
Before you begin
Ensure your device meets the requirements for the service. See this article
for more information.
- Select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> Microsoft Exchange.
- Populate the following fields, and select Next.
For the Server field, enter the service name for your datacenter, then select Next.
- Email – Specify your email address (for example, email@example.com).
- Domain – Leave this field blank.
- Username – Specify your user login ID.
- Password – Specify your service password.
- Description – Specify a description, or leave the default (the Email field value).
Select the applications you want to sync, and turn OFF the Reminder application (as it is not supported by the service). Select Done.
- North American data center: https://traveler.notes.na.collabserv.com
- Asia Pacific data center: https://traveler.notes.ap.collabserv.com
- European data center: https://traveler.notes.ce.collabserv.com
The new Exchange ActiveSync account is created in Mail, Contacts, Calendars
in your Settings application of your device. Registration with the service begins immediately and mail, calendars, and contacts will begin to appear shortly. Do not open your Inbox immediately after the account is created as it causes additional syncing with the server and prolongs the initial syncing.
Parent topic: Creating an account