Managing the calendar on your Apple deviceAdded by IBM on May 21, 2015 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use IBM Traveler to schedule and manage appointments, all-day events, and repeating events.
Your calendar automatically syncs with the IBM Traveler server when changes are made to calendar entries on your device. The calendar also syncs when you open the Calendar application itself. You can manually sync your calendar any time by opening your calendar on the device.
Room information for meetings is appended to the location field for meetings by IBM Traveler. Apple devices may truncate the display of location information preventing the user from seeing the Rooms information. IBM Traveler also prepends the room information in the body of meeting notices and the description of meetings on Apple devices when the location field contains enough data to cause its display to be truncated. The room information is prepended in same manner as the support for online meetings.
Table 1. Managing your calendar
Parent topic: Using an Apple device FAQ
|How do I...||Action|
|Change the calendar display?||
- Open the Calendar application.
- Select any of: List – Displays a list of calendar entry descriptions without time slot display beginning with the selected day.Day – Displays calendar entry descriptions with time slot display for the selected day. Month – Displays the selected month with a list of calendar entry descriptions for the selected day.
Tip: To go to the current day in any of these views, click Today.
|Create a calendar entry?||
- Select near the calendar.
- Select the Title & Location panel, specify these details, and select Done.
- Select the Starts & Ends panel and do one of the following:
Specify date and time information as necessary in the Starts field and, if necessary, in the Ends field.
Do any of the following:
- To create an appointment, specify a start time and date, select Ends, specify an end time and date, and select Done.
- To create an all-day event, set the All-day field to ON, and select Done.
Select Done to save the entry.
- To repeat the entry, select the Repeat panel, select a repeat interval, and select Save.
- To set an alarm for the entry, select the Alert panel, select an alarm time relative to the event, and select Save.
- To add more details about the entry, select the Notes panel, enter the details, and select Save.
|Edit a calendar entry?||
- Open the calendar entry.
- Select Edit.
- Change the entry.
- Select Done.
- If the entry repeats, do one of the following:
- Select Save for this event only to apply changes to only the current instance of the entry.
- Select Save for future events to apply changes to the current instance and all future instances of the entry.
|Delete a calendar entry?||
- Open the calendar entry.
- Select Edit.
- Select Delete Event.
- Do one of the following:
- If the entry does not repeat, select Delete Event again to confirm the deletion.
- If the entry repeats, select Delete This Event Only to delete only the current instance of the entry. Or select Delete All Future Events to delete the current instance and all future instances of the entry.
|Respond to a meeting invitation?||You can respond to meeting invitations with basic options, such as Accept, Decline or Maybe, using IBM Traveler. To perform advanced invitation features, such as invitation delegation and proposing a new meeting time, you must use the IBM® Notes® client on your desktop. |
To respond to a meeting invitation using IBM Traveler, perform the following procedure:
- In your Inbox, open the meeting invitation. Press the Invitation Icon within the Body of the email.
- Optionally, press Add Comments to include remarks in the reply.
- Select one of the following:
- Accept: Creates an email response to the meeting chair notifying them that you are accepting the meeting invitation. A calendar entry is added to your calendar. The next time syncing takes place, busy time is updated with your new calendar entry.
- Maybe: Creates an email response to the meeting chair notifying them that you are tentatively accepting the meeting invitation. Busy time is not updated.
- Decline: Creates an email response to the meeting chair notifying them that you are declining the meeting invitation.
|Set how my calendar entries display in different time zones?||You can decide whether calendar entries on your device always display in a specific time zone, or according to the time zone of the current location of the device. For example, you could set the calendar entries to always display their start and end times in Eastern time, even if you are traveling in a different time zone. Alternatively, you can choose to have the start and end times of calendar entries display accurate times for the time zone the device is currently in (if you are traveling to Berlin, the calendar entries will then display in Central European time.)
- Open the Time Zone Support settings menu at Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (Calendars) Time Zone Support.
- To have the calendar entries display start and end times accurate for the current location of the device, set Time Zone Support to Off.
- To have the calendar entries always display in a specific time zone, set Time Zone Support to On. Press Time Zone, then enter the name of the city whose time zone you want to use. Press the city name when it displays in the results pane.