You can organize your contacts by placing them into groups. You can create a group when adding a contact.
To create a group:
- From your Contact List, highlight any group then press the Menu key and choose the Contact Options action.
- Highlight Add Contact then press the Menu key and choose the Select action.
The Add New Contact screen opens.
- Press the Menu key and choose the Add Group action.
- Enter a name for the new group then press the Menu key and choose the OK action.
- For the User Name field, use one of the following methods to specify the contact to add:
- Enter the name of the contact, given name first. You can also enter the first few letters of the given name.
- If you are adding an external contact that is not in your directory, select the External User option and enter the complete email address.
Note: You must add a contact to the group. If you do not add a contact, the group will not be created.
Optional: Next to Nickname, type a nickname for the contact. A nickname is the name that is displayed in the Contact List. The nickname is visible only to you.
Press the Menu key and choose the Search action.
The first 50 names that match the series of letters that you entered is displayed in a list.
In the list of names, highlight the name that you want to add.
Press the Menu key and choose the Select action.
The contact is added to the new group.
What to do next
You can now add more contacts to the group.
Parent topic: Sametime Blackberry Mobile