A company administrator enables people to work with archived mail by assigning an e-Discovery role to their user accounts.
Before you begin
To assign e-Discovery roles, your company must purchase an IBM SmartCloud
™ Archive Essentials subscription and you must have the Administrator role in your IBM SmartCloud
for Social Business user account.
About this task
You can assign one of two e-discovery roles: e-Discovery administrator or e-Discovery user. e-Discovery administrators search the archive and give e-Discovery users access to the search results.
A user does not require a SmartCloud Notes
® subscription to be assigned an e-Discovery role.
This procedure describes how to assign an e-Discovery role to an existing SmartCloud for Social Business user account. You can also assign the role when you first add the user to the service.
Parent topic: Getting started
Enabling archiving of user email
Logging on to the archive service
- Log on to the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business web site at https://www.ibmcloud.com/social as a user assigned the Administrator role in the service user account.
- If your user account is also assigned User role, click Administration -> Manage Organization from the dashboard.
- Click User Accounts in the navigation pane.
- Click Edit User Account.
- In the User Information tab, select the e-Discovery administrator or e-Discovery user role.
- Click Next, click Next again, and then click Finish.
Comparison of e-Discovery roles
e-Discovery administrators can perform some tasks that e-Discovery users cannot perform.