|There are several features to use to control the display of all messages in search results.
There are several features to use to control the display of all messages in search results.
Parent topic: Working with search results
Viewing and acting on individual messages
Tagging search results
Filtering search results
Adding and monitoring comments
Editing search results to generate new results
Placing legal holds on search results
Generating search summary reports
Auditing search activity
Exporting search results
- While logged on to the archiving service, click the Search tab.
- Open a search results page from the list.
- Use any of the features in the following table.
Table 1. Features that control the display of messages
|Show only header (sender, recipients, subject) and attachment information in messages. Use this option to help you browse a large set of search results.||
- Next to Messages, click Mini view.
- Browse the list of messages.
- To see the body of messages again, next to Messages, click Normal.
|Show only the parts of each message that contain search terms. ||
The Collapse All and Expand All options are available only when their are highlighted terms in the body of messages that match the search query.
- Next to Messages, click Collapse All.
- To see entire messages again, click Expand All.
|Display the status On Legal Hold next to messages in the results that are on legal hold and the total number of messages in the results that are on legal hold.||Click Show Legal Hold Status.|
|Sort search results||Next to Sort results by, click any of the following options:|
Click the selected option to switch between ascending and descending sort order.
- Relevance. Sorts messages by their relevance to the search criteria. Relevance ranking is approximate and takes into account the number and complexity of search terms and the number of matches.
- Date. Sorts messages by their date stamps.
- Sender. Sorts messages by name of sender, by family name, if available.
- Subject. Sorts messages alphabetically by subject.
- # of Attachments. Sorts messages by the number of attachments they contain.