|You can export messages found in search results to an IBM® Lotus Notes® database (.NSF) file. Export all messages, messages with particular tags, or messages in particular filter results.
You can export messages found in search results to an IBM
® Lotus Notes
® database (.NSF) file. Export all messages, messages with particular tags, or messages in particular filter results.
About this task
The length of time required to export a file and make it available for download depends on the total size of the messages that are being exported. Export processing usually takes less than four hours.
Exports must contain less than 15,000 messages or less than 3.5 GB of data. If the export exceeds the limits, divide search results into smaller sets and export each set.
To perform this procedure, e-Discovery users require the Export search permission.
- While logged on to the archiving service, click the Search tab.
- Next to a named search in the list, click Views.
- Perform one of the following actions to select the messages to export:
Table 1. Selecting messages to export
|Export all messages found in search results page.||In the Views section, next to All, select Export to: NSF.|
|Export messages that are assigned the same tag.||In the Views section, next to a tag name, select Export to: NSF.|
Tag names begin with an asterisk (*), for example, *Attention.
|Export messages in filtered results.||In the Filters section, next to filter name, select Export to: NSF.|
If the NSF
button does not show next to the Export to
field, the service has detected that the selected content exceeds the size limit.
- Optional: In the Note field, enter a note to yourself as an administrative reminder.
- Optional: Select Send notification when the file is ready for download to receive an email notification when the file is ready to be downloaded.
- Click Export to queue the export request.
- Next to the message The export was successfully created, click exports for this search to see the status of the export. The following table describes the status messages you might see.
|Queued||The request is queued for processing. The person who performed the export receives an email notification.|
|Processing||The exported file is being created.|
|Ready||The exported file is ready to be downloaded. The person who performed the export receives a notification if the Send notification when the file is ready for download option was selected. |
|Contact Support||The service was unable to complete the export. This status usually indicates the presence of corrupted messages in the archive. |
The person who performed the export and the Support team receive email notifications.
Support strives to address the issue within one day of receiving the notification. However, for urgent exports, contact Support for immediate assistance.
|Exceeds Size Limits||During processing, the service determined that the file is larger than 3.5 GB or contains more than 15,000 messages. The person who performed the export receives an email notification. |
To continue, generate multiple, smaller sets of search results and export each set separately.
Tip: You can also see the export status by opening a search results page and clicking Pending Exports or by clicking Dashboard and viewing the Recent exports section.
- When the export status is Ready, to download the file, click the link to the export file in the status page or in the email notification.
The file is downloaded and the export request is removed from the list of pending exports.
Parent topic: Working with search results
Controlling the display of all messages in search results
Viewing and acting on individual messages
Tagging search results
Filtering search results
Adding and monitoring comments
Editing search results to generate new results
Placing legal holds on search results
Generating search summary reports
Auditing search activity